CHAPTER 47

We kept running. Everything was happening so fast. But hope was still alive as I saw the army. 

The others were already there. They all looked relieved when they saw Zeus and I emerge. 

Zeus was still grumpy with me. We huddled in a circle.

"Hey! We're here!" I felt relief as I saw my father and uncles come. I ran to him and gave him a giant hug. 

"I'm happy you're okay." I said. 

My father smiled, "Of course I'm okay. I'm a badass dad!" I laughed. 

We all came together. 

"Has anybody have eyes on, Nikolai?" Zeus asks anybody. 

"I didn't and I had the best view," Dylan said, "He's no where in sight."

Eudora shook her head, "I didn't see him either."

"What if he didn't show up?" Sozin said. 

Zeus didn't have a look of doubt in his eyes, "He's here. He's too desperate to have me dead to not be here."

That made me worry more. I don't know what I'll do if Zeus dies. The rumbling of feet stomping on the ground became louder, but the sound of explosions hadn't stopped either. 

Everyone was ready as they all stood to attention. 

Zeus looked at everybody, "Nikolai fights for power. We fight for something much more...each other. He has made it clear he seeks to destroy not only me but all of us. He wants to burn us all to the ground," Zeus scoffs, "But not before we give him a fight he'll remember for the rest of his life. We MAKE him realise that if he want's to burn us all...we're dragging him right to the pits of hell with us."

He turns to Donny and gives him a nod. Donny nods back. He walks to me and grabs my arm, dragging me away from the group. 

I stumbled as he was pulling me away from the group, "Wait wait, what? Donny stop! I can't leave!" I exclaimed. 

Donny looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, Lil. Zeus's orders."

I look to my mate, "Don't do this Zeus! Please! I need to be here!" Tears stung my eyes. I felt this unbearable need to protect him. I can't let anything bad happen to him. 

I look to my father to help me, but he stands there, giving me a pointed look. He wanted me to listen to Zeus. 

Zeus came to me and cupped my face. His eyes ran over every feature of my face, "I can't have you here, Lily. You need to be safe or else I can't fight properly while being worried about you."

"Please, Zeus. I want to fight by your side. I can't let anything happen to you!"

He chuckles and tucks my hair behind my ear, "That's my job, love. The man protects the woman."

I pull against Donny. Zeus nods at Donny and he lets me go. I jump into Zeus's arms, "But he's not after me...He's after you." I said while fighting back tears.

Zeus holds me tight against his chest, "He's only after you to get to me because he knows I would do anything for you. You are protecting me by not being here." Zeus pulls back and cups my face, "You are my most precious treasure, Lily. I cannot live without you. I refuse to. I need you in my life, Lil. I need you. Please do this for me. Please." Zeus's eyes were pleading with me. 

Every part of me wants to fight to help Zeus, but if it's only going to make things worse...then what's the point? If by not being here to fight helps Zeus...then I want to do it.