Chapter 53

I felt strange having all of these memories that I forgot I even made. Remembering a life I didn't know I had. Ever since I woke up a couple of hours ago, I've been rethinking about everything that had happened in my life. 

I'm Esme...but I'm also Lily. I'm two in the same. I felt relieved that even though I had found myself...I still felt like the Lily I knew from a couple of days ago 

I looked at everybody around me, talking. I smiled. It was like when I was little. Everybody was standing outside, hugging and laughing together. I gulped, I was afraid I could never see such a thing in my life. I was actually really afraid that once all of this  was over that the Moon Goddess would take my sight away because there was no need of it anymore. 

But I felt myself become of my new memory of the time I had with the Moon Goddess herself. 

I had woken up in a garden I recognised it. I've been here before. It used to be home. My sanctuary. 

The Moon Goddess was sitting on a chair, surrounded by white lilies, "Come child, let me see your face."

I gulped as I cautiously approached her She looked so beautiful. So pure. I knelt down on my knees in front of her and bowed down, "I hope I did the right thing...but I'm not sure."

She smiles and leans over cupping the side of my face in a motherly manner, "My darling you did exactly what you had to do. You had found the flower. It was you all along."

I gulped and looked up, "I was afraid that you would take your powers away from me. If I had only listened to Kyro and left when he wanted to, we might have prevented all of this."

She shook her head, "No. Everything happened how it should. Do not feel responsible, my darling."

I giggled, "I can't believe I finally remembered who I am. I feel good being me again."

The Moon Goddess's eyes softened, "But you are not you, still."

I tilted my head in confusion, probing her to explain. 

"Yes you are Esme, but you are also Lily. You have a whole different life to remember other than Esme's. Esme and Lily are very similar, but they are not the same, my darling."

"So I am new? I am someone that is the same and yet completely different."

The Moon Goddess smiles, "You have evolved."

I gulped and looked down at my hands and frowned, "What of Zeus's fate? Please help them, send anyone you can. I can't bare the thought of Zeus being defeated."

"What would you do for this?"

There was nothing I could do. Except one, "Take my sight. Take my eyes."

The Moon Goddess sat in surprise, "You would trade the one thing you always wanted for me to help them?"

"I killed myself for Zeus. I died so than he could be free. My sight is the least of my problems right now."

"No."

My head snaps up and frowned, "No?"

She smiles and shook her head, "You have done enough, my darling. You have sacrificed enough. Maybe it is time to gift you instead."

I sat there patiently. Awaiting for what she was going to say. 

"I will gift you your eyes as a permanent reward."

My eyes widened, "You would do that?"

"Of course. You have practically saved earth, Lily. That is not something to take lightly. You have brought balance to the cosmos again."