CHAPTER 36

Tsula, Maikoh's sister had specially prepared me for tonight. 

She had told me her ancestors were the ones that found the star first when it landed. They nurtured the star and protected it. This duty was past down from generation to generation. From fathers' to their sons'. Mothers' to their daughters'. And now something is finally happening. 

Tsula braided my hair. She dipped her thumb into a small bowl of white paint. She raises it and gently drags her thumb down my forehead. 

She smiles and bows her head, "You are ready. You have washed and bathed yourself. Now you have been properly prepared for what is to come."

She left the tent, leaving me on my own. I didn't know what was going to happen when we get to the lake, all I know is, it could be the resting place of the flower. Hopefully Maikoh knows exactly where it is. 

I took deep breathes and laid down. My mind drifted off to Zeus. I wonder what he was doing right now. I wonder if he has already noticed I'm gone?

I rolled my eyes to myself. What a stupid question. He probably knew straight away that I left. He is Zeus of the Hellhound, of course he would notice when his mate is absent. 

I sighed I will have to deal with him later. If tonight works out well, I'll tell Zeus everything. I just really want to go back home to him. I froze...home? 

I never really used to see it as home, but now...I do...because Zeus is there. Zeus is my home. My heart yearned to be near him. I felt at a loss without him with me. I gulped and took another deep breath. I can't think like this right now. I can't get all emotional. I have to focus on the task at hand. Once the hard part is over...then I can let myself think of him. 

Tsula pops her head in, "Maikoh requests your presence. You must come now." I crawled out of the tent and stood. Night had fallen upon us. The stars were twinkling and the moon was shinning it's silver light. 

Maikoh stood there, my sister was standing slightly to the side, leaning on a tree with her arms crossed over. 

"The moon will reach it's highest point very soon, " He turns around and began to walk, "Come we must make our way there now."

Some of the elders and I'm assuming other important people of the tribe were following also. Maikoh's turns to my little sister. He walks towards her slowly. He leans his head down and whispers something. Soon after he was holding my sisters hand, insuring that she is following closely to him. So they must be mates. 

I was actually quite happy with it. Maikoh was strong. He was also powerful which means he can keep her safe. He is a good man. He would treat her well. I'm just not sure she will do the same thing. My sister never liked the thought of mates, but then again, I didn't like Zeus at first at all. I hated him and now look at me. I feel like I'm mourning his death just because I'm away from him. 

I laughed quietly to myself, my little sister is about to know what it feels like to have a mate. Even in her mind she might not want a mate, her heart and body will definitely have different feelings. Hopefully she doesn't make the same mistakes I did. The whole mate thing was overwhelming, especially with moving to a different freaking realm! She will come to realise that she can't live without him. 

I saw the moon shining through the trees. The sound of water up ahead got my heart beating faster. 

Maikoh stops and turns around, "Lily, it is time." He nods for me to come to him. I slowly approach. Maikoh turns to Gen and whispers to her, she nods her head and steps away. She quickly turns to me and pulls me into a hug, "Please be careful. I don't want to lose my big sister."