CHAPTER 50

I had woken up. I peaked my eyes open and saw it was still dark outside. I got up and stretched. My body was so sore. I turned to Zeus but found him gone. I frowned and looked around the room. 

"Zeus?" I called out but there was no response. Where did he go?

Something flickering and shining in the light caught my attention. I was shocked to see Zeus's locket. I frowned. Why would he take this off? He never takes it off? I've never seen him without this locket. I put some pressure on the locket and my breath hitched when it clicked open. I gulped as I slowly opened it. 

I frowned when it was a picture of me. When did he even take a photo of me? I took the picture out of the locket. I looked closer and tilted my head in confusion. I never wore that dress. 

I snorted, "It looks like it's from the olden days..." My voice trailed off when a thought came to me. An impossible, unimaginable thought. What the hell?

I felt the blood drain from my face. I flipped the photo. "My beloved, Lillian." My eyes widen. I looked at the photo. Blonde hair, blue eyes. We had the same face, same hair, same eyes. I opened my locket to see Zeus's picture. I began to feel a little sick. Why do we look the exact same. Is she an ancestor of mine? Is that it? 

"How is this possible? What the hell is going on?!" I said as I began to hyperventilate. My head became light headed. And soon the panic was getting overwhelming and I blacked out.

My eyes open as if  I had never even fallen asleep. I was still cuddled up to Zeus. I got up without disturbing him. I didn't want to wake him. 

I climbed off of the bed and stood at the fireplace. I looked over my shoulder and I was frozen in place as my heart was beating out of my chest at the strange sight in front of me. 

I am still on the bed with Zeus...but I'm not at the same time. I rushed over and jumped on the bed, but it did not move nor did it bounce. Its like I'm not even on it. 

I laid my hand on myself and it went straight through. Oh my goodness. I'm a ghost! My spirit left my body. And yet I am still breathing and asleep. 

I stumbled back and fell on the floor as explosions were going off in my mind. I did not know what was going on or how this was even happening?! 

My attention was diverted to Zeus. He slowly slipped out of bed and walked to the window. I made my way in front of him. He didn't acknowledge me or see me. I waved my hand in front of his face, "Zeus?" But he did not answer. He can't hear me. I look at myself on the bed. I curl up around his pillow. 

Wow I do that in my sleep? 

I turned around and yelped in a fright as I saw my reflection in the mirror. I don't remember a mirror in the room? I stood there unmoving as I stared at myself. I was dressed differently. I looked beautiful. I was dressed as if I was going to a ball. 

"Lily," My reflection said. I screamed in a fright and fell unto the floor...again. 

It wasn't my reflection at all. There was no mirror. It was a person. A person that looked exactly like me. 

I shakily stood up and gulped before saying, "What is this? Who are you? Why do you look like me?"

The woman stood forward and gave me a gentle smile, "I am Zeus's wife...Lillian."

"No you're not," I said unconvincingly, "We look the exact same. Who the hell are you?"

"Lily, this is urgent," The woman said desperately, "I know this is a lot to take in right now, but you need to use the flower. You need to remember, but I cannot tell you, you need to find out for yourself."