CHAPTER 2

LILY

There was a pack picnic happening. It was a way of celebrating  fifteen years of peace. We have not been at war since Kendrick and thats quite a miracle. 

"Are you going to be sitting or are you just going to stand there all day?" I asked them.

Both the boys chuckled each sat on either side of me, "How do you even know! We were so damn quiet!"

I roll my eyes, "I may be blind but I'm not completely disabled with all my senses. I can still hear and smell and feel, Xavier."

He scoffs, "Yea yeah I get it. Everyone here thinks you're this delicate little innocent Lily when really you're a bitch."

I gasped and smacked him hard on the arm, "Only to you since you're such an asshole. It's my duty to return the favor."

Xavier chuckles and nudges my shoulder playfully.

"So how's Ryan?" Asked Keith. 

I sigh, "We broke up."

Both of them gasped, "When was this?" They said simotaniusly.

"A few weeks ago."

"What?!?" They both exclaimed, "You guys have been broken up for weeks and we are just now finding this out?"

I shrugged my shoulders casually, "I wanted it to be kept quiet. It's less drama that way and you both know I hate causing drama."

"Whyd you guys break up?" Asked Xavier.

I didn't want to tell them. I knew they would go crazy...but especially because it's me. Their gentle little blind cousin. Ever since I lost my eye sight everyone in the pack have treated me as if I was glass. There is always someone looking out for me. Everyone is always nice to me. It's not a bad thing but...I just wish I was a normal wolf who'll have a mate and just live a normal wolf life in the pack.

"We just...didn't work out."

Both of them fell quiet.

"We found that we weren't compatible."

"How were you guys not? You two were kinda inseperable." Asked Keith.

I played with the flowers in my hand as I said, "He couldn't handle me being blind. That's all."

"What a dick!" Keith snapped.

"What couldn't he handle about it?" Asked Xavier.

I shrugged, "I don't know. He just couldn't. And besides, it's probably for the best, we used to argue a lot because we believed in different things."

"Like what?"

"Is this an intarogation? Because it's really starting to feel like it!" I snapped.

"Answer the question, Lil."

I sighed in defeat. They would find out one way or another, "He didn't like that I believed in no sex before mates. He didn't like that very much."

Both of my cousins stood up instantly, "That asshole! I'm gonna go kill him!"

I raised my hands, "Calm down both of you! There's no use anyways! He's gone to tour Europe with his ex."

"Lil, he doesn't deserve someone like you. You are way to good for him."

I lye down and close my eyes as I soak up the sun, "It doesn't matter how good I am, I'm blind guys. That trumps everything. No one wants to be with a blind wolf. My mate probably even doesn't."

Xavier scoffs, "Stop being dramatic, Lil. Your mate was literally made for you, I'm sure the moon goddess has put your blindness into account. Now!" He kicks my foot, "Get your dramatic ass off the grass so than we can go to the celebration to eat."

I groan and lift my arms up, "Help me."

I smile when I hear them both groan in annoyance, but they take my hands and help me up anyways as the good cousins that they are. 

***

We made our way to the picnic where I could hear everyone laughing and having fun. Footsteps were making their way towards us. 

"Why did I just get a notification from twitter saying Isabelle510 just posted for the first time in while?" Asked Milo. 

"More important question!"I heard my younger cousin Tommy step in, "Why are you still following her?"

I giggled, "Is this Isabelle from high school? Your first kiss?"

I heard Milo groan, "More like a forced first kiss. I had no choice in the matter! She just grabbed my face and kissed me!"

I laughed, "She was obsessed with you. She even followed you to collage."

"I know! I should charge her for sexual assault! and stalking!"

I rolled my eyes, "She stole your first kiss, Milo. She didn't rape you."

"Why are you defending her! I am the victim!"

I could hear everyone smirking, "Dude," Xavier said, "This drama was  seven years ago. You were thirteen!"

"And I am still traumatised! I probably have PTSD!"

I decided to leave them to their bickering. As I was walking away Xavier called out to me, "Hey Lil! Wait!"

I heard him running towards me. He took my hand and placed a weight in it, "You should use this while you're outside."

I smiled, "Thanks, Xav."

I took a hold of my cane and started to walk. I don't use the cane much, but I do when I feel like I do, if that makes sense. It can be helpful when other days it can be just annoying. Using the the cane only reminded me of how useless and weak I am being blind. 

"Is that my little Lily, I see?"

I smiled at that voice. I turned around and made my way towards her, "Hello, Carrow."

She laughs quietly, "Hello, my beautiful girl. How are you?"

I take a seat next her and nod my head, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I sighed, "I'm not sure."

"Come on, tell me whats going on in your mind. You've been awfully quiet these last few weeks."

I laugh, "More like the past year."

"Why is that?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm not sure! I just feel so...unfulfilled with my life...I know being blind is partly because of that. I just feel like my destiny is right around corner, but my being blind is making it slow to reach it."

"Oh child, I know it's hard. But you will reach your destiny. I feel it in my bones."

"Are you sure it's not because of your athritus?" I asked jokingly

She laughs, "No! I am a very old and wise witch! That's why!" She takes a hold of my hand, however...as soon as our skin touch, she gasps. I get a slight fright from her outburst. 

I lean forward in concern, "Carrow?" She does not answer. I hear her breathing fast and heavy. I shake her arms slightly and say louder, "Carrow! Are you okay?"

She yanks her hand out of my own, "Oh my..." She says shocked. 

"Carrow? What is it? What happened?"

She takes me hand tightly, "Something dark is approaching."