CHAPTER 46

(I imagined this song playing throughout this whole chapter)

ZEUS

I was running hard, but not without making sure Lily was right there with me. I always sensed her presence which assured me she was running just as hard, if not harder, than me. 

I looked up at the forest. All we need to do is get through the forest where our army is. If we get through there without any problems...we may have a chance at this. 

I heard a howling wince and then I felt Lily's presence distant. I instantly stop and turn around. I sprinted back to Lily without question. There was a Metallicum goblin on top of her. They were beastly things. I snarled and roared out before I opened my mouth and sunk my teeth into it's side. It roared in pain. I used my body weight to rip him off of Lily and threw him a long ways away. 

I quickly checked if she was okay, which she was. I helped her and pushed her in front of me to sprint with the others. I look behind me and felt a feeling of dread as I saw Nikolai's army. That's a lot of allies. They looked like a giant wave of black covering the white snow. And it was coming right at us with the sole purpose to kill and destroy. 

I sprinted up behind Lily and made sure she was where I could see her. We were getting closer and closer to the forest. 

I mind linked Donny, I'm assigning Lily to you. You are to take care of her in my absence, am I clear?

As we were running, Donny side glanced me, I'll protect her with my life.

Knowing that all of them had her back made things easier for me. Now I could just focus on Nikolai and killing the son of a bitch. He's like a roach, he just won't stay dead. 

Vampires are fierce creatures. We were natural enemies. But Nikolai was unique. He used to be a werewolf, but now turned Vampire. He was a man that fully understood how we worked. How we think. 

***

Flash Back

"You have killed Nikolai once, you can do it again," Ozai said at the fire place. 

I sighed, "It's different this time, Ozai. He's a vampire, a vampire with the mind of a werewolf. He's collected his own power over time. That's a dangerous mix."

"Yes. You are right. If you think about this logically, he does have an upper hand in that regard."

I swirl the golden drink around my glass, "I hope this battle ends well," I said. 

Ozai sat down, "It will. You won't have to worry about this. We have planned this to the very last detail."

I stood up and walked to the fireplace, "And what if that's the problem. I don't think it's going to end how you predict it will, Ozai."

He frowns through his glasses, "I don't understand what you're saying, Zeus? You have lived through centuries. You have been in countless battles, we all have. We've been through hell and came back. You are one of the most ancient creatures of this world. This should be a piece of cake."

I look into the fire, the clogs in my brain twisting and turning, "Ancient...is  belonging to a distant past...a distant memory that is now no longer in existence."

Ozai stands up abruptly and comes toward me in a very serious manner. He puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "Zeus...you will get through this."

I stare at him knowingly, "Let us prepare for any outcome to this battle, brother," I fully turn to him and put my hand on his shoulder, "Promise me something."