CHAPTER 19

The moon was still up high in the sky when I woke up the next. Still shining just as bright it is nine days ago. 

After I had finished my breakfast. I decided to sit outside in the snowy garden and read a book with a hot cup of tea. Sozin had lit fire lamps over the garden to give it a beautiful glow. 

As I was reading I shivered slightly from the cold. I looked around at the trees that looks like they had icing decorating their branches, it reminded me of my home in the winter. I remember running through the woods in my wolf. 

I hadn't shifted for a while. Knowing this, I felt my wolf prance in joy at the thought. I felt myself become anxious to let my wolf out. However, there is the issue that this place is still foeign to me. I don't exactly know what is dangerous and what's not. But then again, does that matter? No one would dare come close to the Hellhound's territory, surely it would be safe for me to have a little bit of a run around?

I laid my book and cup on the seat. I walked a few meters inside the tree line. I looked around and made sure no one was around. I took my coat off and I started feeling myself shift. I was excited. I haven't shifted while able to see, this would be my first time. 

My skin shifted.. My bones reformed. Fur piercing through my skin. I felt myself change into my other half. I stretched a little in my wolf and pounced around in joy. I felt so free. 

I looked around the place and I was amazed. My wolf was so happy. I could see everything so clearly it was insane. I sat back and let my beast take control. She needed it. I took off in a fast run. My mouth was open with my tongue out as I felt the fresh cold wind in my face. 

The trees passing me were a blur as I felt my legs push itself against gravity. It was so incredibly freeing. I felt my heart beating fast against my chest, making the adrenaline pump through my body, giving me this feeling of complete liberation. 

However, that was short lived when I was tackled to the ground. I snarled in fright as my wolf felt threatened. But when I saw a giant black wolf, I internally groaned when I recognised the green flame and green eyes. Zeus. 

What are you doing out here alone? He growls in my mind

It's in your territory it's fine!

That's not the point! The point is you're a alone! You can never be alone, I thought I made that clear! 

I growled at him, ignoring his objection and went off running, but I heard him running behind. I felt him nip my tail slightly. I snarled at him, but he just gave me a toothy smile. Ugh! He's so annoying! 

I turn sharply to my left, but he continues to follow behind me. I felt my wolf become excited with the fact that our mate was chasing us in an almost aggravated and yet playful manner. We jumped up a rock and started to jump from rock to rock. 

Zeus nipped one of my back legs, causing me to stumble. I crash unto the ground, but I pick myself back up and face Zeus in a challenging stance. 

You don't want to do this, Lily

I huffed, Don't I? You sure about that?

He growls at me, commanding me to stop. But I couldn't help but have this need to tease him. I walked up to him slowly. He still is in a tense stance as I approach, cautious of what we might do. 

I lean into Zeus as I walk past, brushing my fur against his. He growls lowly at me, but I smirked when I didn't miss the slight purr his wolf gave off. I could tell he was having an internal battle. His wolf was giving into the pull, but his human side was trying so hard to resist.