CHAPTER 5

LILY

"Hey? Can you hear me, miss?"

I woke up to a voice talking. My head was sore and my eyes felt sensitive. Hands had griped my underarms to help me get up on my feet. 

"What happened?" I said while rubbing my forehead. I was so confused as to what was going on. 

I heard this guy sigh, "You must be, Lily?"

I nodded my head, "Yes, I am. And you are?"

"I'm Donny. Zeus told me you need to be guided around the place. Apparently you got lost?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I didn't get lost, I just fell."

"Oh, Okay." He coughs in his hand and asked, "What are you doing here anyways?"

I remembered I was in this strange room with a strange chest. I shrugged my shoulders, "I just found it, I didn't mean snoop."

The guy put his arm around my shoulder and gently guided me out the room, "Alright, that's okay, but we should leave." He says slightly nervous.

"Why?"

"Because we are not meant to be here."

I nodded my head, feeling guilty for snooping into things I shouldn't, "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to go into things I shouldn't be."

I heard Donny chuckle. 

I frowned, "Why are you laughing?"

"Because little girl, I never thought that Zeus would bring home a girl like you, you're usually not his type."

I felt a slight bit of jealousy. He's had other women brought here?

"So what is his type then?" I tried to ask nonchalantly 

"He's got a thing for brunettes. He usually doesn't like blondes...he actually stays far away from them."

I stuck my head up high and crossed my arms, "Well he has poor taste in females then! Blondes are just as good as brunettes!" I snapped, laughed without humour, "Oh the irony, he prefers brunette's and yet his mate is the one thing he doesn't find attractive."

I heard Donny inhale quickly. 

"What?" I asked

"Y-you're his mate?" He said in obvious shock.

"Ummm, yes. I am." 

"That means you're..." He trailed off in his sentence. 

Suddenly a loud bell rang that seemed to snap Donny out of his trance. 

"It's dinner time. We should get to the dining hall before Zeus becomes impatient. Are you sure you're okay? You don't feel funny? If you do not feel well, we can return to your room if you'd like?"

I smiled politely. This guy seemed to be a lot more friendly than the Hellhounds, "Thank you for the offer, Donny, but I'm fine really."

Donny cautiously guided me down countless halls and staircases until I heard two heavy sounding doors creak open. A breeze that held the scent of food made my stomach growl in excitement. I guess I had not thought of food till now. However, I also felt the pull inside of me. Zeus was inside.

Donny gently motioned me inside and sat me down in a chair. I knew I was sitting next to Zeus. My wolf instincts kick in and my wolf becomes excited. 

I cough into my hand quietly.

"I hope that you have learned your way around the castle alright. It would be easier if you weren't so helpless." Zeus said without much interest. It was strange to me, mates are usually very affectionate and comfortable with each other straight away. That is not the case with me. He treats me like I am a guest, not a person you will love for the rest of your life.