CHAPTER 32

It's been four days since I've seen Linda, Noah's grandmother. I also haven't talked Zeus. I've heard he's working none stop, preparing and strategising. I guess I'm working none stop as well. Maybe its for the best for us to not see each other. We could focus more. 

Well that was me theory anyways. Which wasn't true. Zeus was always in the back of my mind, even when he was unwelcome there.

I was in my room, reading spell books about flowers. Legends about magic flowers, pretty much anything to do with a flower, I was reading it. 

But my mind was running on empty, I needed a coffee or something. I walked out of my room, but was straight away tense when I saw Zeus had only just come out of his. Our eyes connected and he stilled. 

Both of us staring at each other, waiting to see who would look away first. It was me. I turned my head away with no expression to show. He still did not move as I walked down the stairs. I flinched when I heard a door slam shut. The sound echoed throughout the whole castle. 

"Get out of my head," I said to myself. I was walking down another hall when I saw the painting. The painting that hid the secret door. I grasped the locket, hidden under my shirt. Maybe there were some answers in there. 

I looked around quickly to make sure no one was around. I didn't know who knew about this room, but just to be safe, I didn't want to be seen. 

I shut the painting door behind me and I went down the stairs into the candled room. It was as I had left it.

I wanted to look at more of Lillians things. That sounds so disrespectful to look through Zeus's dead wife's things, but at this point, we need to find all that we can to help. 

I opened the closet and took the silver box out again. I opened it and gently was looking at it's content. The majority of it were love letters. Gag. 

However, when I thought that all hope was lost, I found something resting at the very bottom of the box. A book. 

I took it out and it was a beautiful dark red leather book. I opened it up and realised it wasn't a book at all, but a diary. Lillian's Diary. 

I didn't want to read something personal of hers. So I tried to skim through until I saw something that was of any use to me. After a while, I still couldn't find anything. 

That letter I read came to mind. I rummaged through the box and found the letter Lillian wrote to Zeus while he was away with Nikolai. "My pain eases knowing that we are under the same sky, the same stars. And when I go for walks on the beach, I know we are looking at the same waters. Be safe my love and come home to me." This was the last letter she wrote. It was on the same day she died. She never sent it, but it seems Zeus had found it and stored it away. 

My mind was still rattled about this. Was it a popular saying back in the day?  Under the same sky. I thought I made it up, but it seems it was already a saying...right?

My eyes look past the letter on the pages of the diary. Everything in my mind was focused sharply on the pages as I put the letter down. 

Esme

What is this? There were markings, circles, connecting dots. 

"According to my research, If Esme's flower were to be sent to earth, it came in the form of a meteor." There was a drawn map and a circle around an area. 

Oh my goodness...Lillian was looking for the flower as well. Why would she? 

I looked at the date and my eyes widened. It was the same date that she died.