CHAPTER 30

I was looking at the computer in the library. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I haven't found anything on the internet about the flower or any legend that could be associated to it. It's as if it never existed. 

I groan and lean back in my chair. My back was aching from leaning forward for so long. I looked to my side and saw Ozai reading. 

"Is that all you do? Is read?" I asked him. 

He bend his head down slightly and looks at me through the top opening of his glasses, "Yes that's all I do. I don't like computers much."

"Yeah well neither do I! The stupid thing isn't helping me research."

Ozai takes his glasses off, "Well what are you trying to research exactly?"

"Oh umm," I said nervously, "I just wanted to research more about the legends of Arcanus. And you know, look into the curse and all."

Ozai nods his head as if he were a therapist and me, the mental patient, "Well if it were me, I wouldn't go on the computer to find such information."

"Why not?"

"Because we are not supposed to exist. Arcanus isn't supposed exist. Humans made the computers, they made the internet, they provide the information. If you want to find real solid info, books are the way to go."

I giggled, "That kind of rhymed 'if you want to find some real solid INFO, books are the way to GO!'"

I look at Ozai and see he wasn't laughing. I cough awkwardly in my hand and nodded my head professionally, "Of course, yes. Books. Sounds good! Thanks!"

I get up from my chair and started to look around for some books. I picked up books of Wolfish mythology. Mythology on the Moon Goddess and the stars. Books about the lives of stars. Legends surrounding the Hellhounds and such. 

I didn't go to Zeus's room, instead I went to my own. I need to focus and being surrounded by Zeus's scent was not going to help me whats so ever.

I sat on the bed and laid the books out. I sighed. I have a lot of study to do. This is high school all over again. NO! But this is for me, for the curse, for the truth! I need to find that flower before the war begins...well I guess before the war gets any worse.

I picked up the book and began to read. 

***

It's been hours and all I've read was useless information that didn't mean anything! I reread the story of Esme and Kyro. There were tens of hundreds of different versions of the story. How am I to know which one is true? So many different Arcanian historians have published their own interpretations of it, and it was so hard to know which one sounded the most accurate. 

I flopped on the bed. 

If I can't find anything in books. Maybe there was someone that could tell me about it?

I released a defeated sigh. But who? I need like a Arcanua Historian, and I don't know if there was such a thing. 

My mind pondered on who could possibly give me the most accurate interpretation of this story between Esme and Kyro?

Then a thought came to me. I met someone who seemed very in tuned with the deeds of the gods above. Someone very ancient it seems. Someone who had already sensed the disruption in heavens before anyone else did. 

Uncle Noah's grandmother. 

I needed to go to her and ask her some questions. But she lived all the way in the village. Nikolai is out for me. How could I get there safely?