CHAPTER 29

Without opening my eyes, I already knew they were puffy from crying last night. I squinted my eyes open to see that I was still hugged up to Zeus. His head was leaning on top of mine while his chest rose and fell in a steady rhythm. 

I didn't move, I just laid there, not wanting to leave the warmth of the bed...or maybe I just didn't want to leave Zeus's side. 

I felt him move under me as he began to wake up. His eyes opened and blinked a couple of times before focusing on his surroundings. I've never seen him look so relaxed before. He didn't look hard or emotionless. As weird as it sounds...he just looked like a regular guy waking up, a regular guy with god like features, but still... I liked it. 

He looks down at me, I felt his fingers run through my hair as he asked, "You okay?" I felt my heart sky rocket when I heard his voice. Oh no...he's got that sexy, raspy, 'I just got up' voice.

He runs his own fingers through his own hair and my heart only kept racing as I looked upon his beautiful and sexy bed hair where it's so messy and unorganised...and freaking perfect. It was so different to the picture in the locket I still had around my neck. He was so stiff and serious in that photo, but seeing him here, he looked so different!

Memories of Leah, invaded my mind. I shook my head, "No, I'm not okay."

He turns over so than he was fully facing me, "It's okay to not be okay."

I looked down between us and I saw our hands interlaced, "I just feel so responsible."

Zeus sighs, "If you're responsible, then I am as well. Nikolai is doing this to you because he knows that you're my-" He suddenly stopped mid-sentence.

I raised my gaze, "I'm your what?"

He looked at me intensely with his glowing green eyes. His eyes left mine and was instead set upon our connected hands. He ran his thumb over my hand and said quietly, "Because he knows that you're my weakness."

I gulped, not knowing how to process such a thing, I rolled my eyes, "You mean because I'm your curse-"

He interrupted me firmly, "No. It has nothing to do with the fact that you can break my curse...you're so much more than that to me."

"I am?" 

He stared at me like I was stupid. He shook his head and snickered while exhaling a small breath, "Yes, Lily, you are. I know that I'm an asshole but-"

"You are," I agreed. 

I smirked when he gave me a pointed look before continuing, "I know I'm an asshole but with you just being who you are...you've somehow broken down my guard...and I didn't even know it."

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know how I was supposed to react. I've never been in such a situation where Zeus looked kinda vulnerable...willingly. 

But I was scared. Was he tricking me? I could never know with Zeus, he was hot and cold all the time I couldn't keep. 

I sat up and stood from the bed. Zeus straight away follows my action. I shook my head, "I can't do this."

Zeus stands from the bed without breaking eye contact. I took a step back and said, "I don't know if this is your plan or not. But I'm not going to fall for it. I'm not going to be fooled that easily."

I watched closely to Zeus as he slowly made his way around the bed, "You've tried to beat me down. You've reduced my value to nothing. I'm not anything significant to you. YOU are the one that made that clear to ME."

Zeus continued to take steps toward and with each step it became harder to breath, "I'm not going to be fooled, Zeus. This is all a part of your plan, I get it, okay? Just please stop playing with my emotions. I get confused."