CHAPTER 15

Through the blur, I could see that the room had a slight bit of light in it. I went to sit up, but hands gently push me back down. 

"Whoa whoa there! You are not going anywhere! You have to rest." Donny said firmly. 

I groaned and laid back down, but head was still sore, but not as bad as it was before. I rubbed my forehead and said in a croaky voice, "How long have I been out?"

"Ummm..." Donny hummed nervously, "You were first out for a week. But then you fell back into a little coma."

"So how long have I been out till now?"

"When you fell back to sleep, you didn't wake for two days."

"Whoa," I said a little shocked, "I didn't know it was this bad. What happened, Donny?"

Donny took a hold of my hand and said, "I'm so sorry, Lil. I shouldn't have taken you out so casually. I should've been more cautious. There was just-"

"Ssssshhhh...it's fine Donny." I tried to comfort him. 

"No! It's not! You almost died, Lily!"

My brows pulled together, "What? Was I that badly hurt?"

"Yes! You were!" He exclaimed, "I found you smashed through a window, lying on the floor of a store! Blood was seeping out of your head! Your skull was fractured, Lily! I thought you had died!"

"Wait...is that why Zeus came?"

Donny sighs loudly, "Yes! It is! Your injury was so bad that even HE could feel it from half way across the world!"

I gulped. Wow. I didn't know how bad it was, "Well, will I be okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I got Ozai to fix your head up. He says you'll just have an ache there util it fully heals."

I nodded my head, "That's good then. Donny?"

"Yeah?" He answered. His voice sounding tired from his outburst. 

"Who were the men that attacked us?"

"They're scum, that's what they are," He says in a dark and hate filled voice, "Look Lily, I need to tell you some things first. You have never been to the supernatural world, am I right?"

"Yeah, I mean I've heard stories about it, but I never thought it was real."

"Well, the world we live, the origin of all things supernatural, is called Arcanus. It is our own Pandora's Box, I guess. And in this world, there are a lot of darkness, some that you have never seen or heard of in the human world. The Hellhounds are famous throughout all of Arcanus. Everyone knows them as the damned wolves, the cursed wolves. But everyone knows that they are extremely powerful and immortal. Around two hundred years ago, a rumour had broken out that if you some how could have a taste of their blood, you too will become immortal. People had tried to get it, but it was easy for the Hellhounds to just kill them. Until you."

My brows raised in surprised, "Me?"

"Yes. You see Zeus has never had a weakness before. He has never had to worry about anyone. Until you. The word that Zeus had a mate is spreading rapidly throughout Arcanus. Enemies will fight their hardest to get to you, to use you to get Zeus's power."

I gulped nervously, "But he doesn't care for me. He wouldn't care if I lived or died."

Donny chuckles, "I don't know about that, Lil."

"So those men...they want Zeus's power?"

"Yes, they are call the Wraiths. They're pest-like demons who meddle in the shadow."