CHAPTER 17

I opened my eyes and expected to see nothing. But to my shock...I could see that I was in bed. I cautiously looked around the room. I could still see? 

I looked down at myself confused. This has to be another one of my weird dreams. I pinched my self so hard that I think I bruised. 

But I still had not woke up, "What the heck," I mumbled to myself. I ripped the blankets off me. I was wearing a giant t-shirt with some comfy shorts. I ran out of my room and downstairs to the main area to find all of the Hellhounds and Donny standing at the window in silence. I slowly made my way down. 

My bare feet pattered on the marble floor as I neared. None of them turned around. I looked outside the window and saw that it was still night. The moon was still out. 

I looked at the time on my  and saw that it should be eight in the morning. 

"What is this?" I asked in confusion, "What is going on?" 

None of them answered, but what I saw on their faces did not settle well with me. They were worried. 

"What does this mean?" I asked. 

Without looking, Zeus said lowly, "I don't know."

***

We were all sitting in a smaller lounge where the fire was roaring. Zeus was pacing back and forth thinking. 

Everyone was silent. No one knew what was going on or what this all meant. 

"Where is that god-forsaken witch when you need her." Zeus growls. 

I was sitting on one of the bigger single couches with a blanket on my lap. I could still see. This was the longest I've seen ever. Though it was great, I was also anxious as to why the moon was still out and why the night has not gone away. 

"So for this to happen in Arcanus isn't normal?" I asked to anyone who'd answer. 

Ozai shook his head, "No, it isn't."

"So you all have never experienced this before?" All of them went silent. I frowned when I saw all of them kind of glancing at each other. 

Zeus stops pacing and looks straight at  me, "You need to leave. We have things to discuss."

"I think I have a right to know, don't you think? I've lived here for a month and a half already. I am the key to end your Curse so-"

"Exactly!" Zeus cuts me off, "Have you forgotten your purpose? You are a part of my plan of freedom. Nothing more! So get out so than I can discuss with the people who matter!" He shouts. 

I gulped and looked down at my hands feeling a little embarrassed. I guess I assumed too much. I overstepped a boundary. 

"Come on, Zeus-" Donny started, what I am assuming trying to defend me. 

"Shut up, Donny!" Zeus snaps. 

I silently got up and dropped my blanket on the couch. I saw Zeus's eyes instantly stare at my exposed legs. I forgot I had my comfy shorts on. His nose flares as he growls. 

"Put some bloody pants on," He turns around and looks into the fire with his back to me. His shoulders rising and falling fast. 

I exited the lounge and heard the doors slam shut behind me making me flinch. 

I went to the kitchen to make myself a hot chocolate, I sat down at the bar and was mixing my drink with a teaspoon. My eyes wondered around the kitchen as I was thinking. 

What are they hiding? What is the real story of the Hellhounds! I won't know my purpose if I don't know the story. Surely it has been written somewhere.