CHAPTER 48

ZEUS

I come up behind Nikolai and grab him around the neck, wanting to snap it off, but he grabs my hand and yanks me over his back, flipping me over. I grunt and growl as I land on the ground. 

I yell in frustration as I get back up only to get tackled to the ground. Nikolai grabs me around the neck and I grab him by the sides of his head and smash it against a rock. Blood seeps out of his forehead. 

He touches his head and sees the blood on his hand. He shakes his head and looks dazed. He kicks me away. I get up and jump back. This was my chance. I step forward to take the last attack. 

Somebody help! Donny is hurt badly! I heard Lily mind link everybody. I faltered and my knuckles only grazed Nikolai's cheek which still made him stumble. I cut his cheek too. But I wasn't thinking about that right now. Lily was in trouble. She needed me. 

"You see now," Nikolai said as he stumbles back up with a smirk, "You will not win."

LILY

We were running hard down the hill when we heard a loud snap of a branch to our left side. We saw nothing there when out of no where one of those shadow demons, Wraiths, jumps out of the darkness to our right. With it's metal claws it tackles Donny. I ran to Donny, but the wraith stabs his side. Donny shifts into his wolf form and began to writhe in pain. 

I whimpered, scared for Donny's life. He laid on the snow, bleeding out. I went to tackle the demon to the ground, but it only stared at me from the darkness of it's black hood. And then it ran back into the darkness of the forest. 

I shifted back into my human form, "Donny!" I shouted in fear. Quickly putting on my ripped clothing. I skidded to my knees beside Donny, he was hyperventilating. 

I grabbed a ripped up piece of material. I saw the wound. It was deep. Very deep. Donny was getting paler by the second.  I pressed the material to the injury. He yells in pain. 

Look down at his wound and frowned, "Why isn't it healing? Shouldn't it be healing?"

Donny looked at the wound and growls, "It must've been poisoned." He lays back down and closes his eyes.

"Donny! Look at me!" His eyes were dulled, he was dazed. 

"Lily," He groans through the pain, "You need to run. Leave me here. You need to go. You can't die. Zeus left you in my protection," A wave of pain overtakes him, and he growls through it, "Leave me here and go!" He yells. 

I felt my eyes sting with tears, "I'm not leaving you. You're too important to me." I get up and grab unto Donny's arm. I force him to get up. He yells in pain, but he gets to his feet. I looked behind him and saw the invading horde catching up. 

"We BOTH need to go. Get up Donny! I'm not leaving you!" I shout. Donny looks at me in adoration. He leans his weight on me. I put his arm around my shoulder and my other arm around his waist. He was heavy, but I didn't care. Donny is not going to die. 

"We're not going to be fast enough, Lil." I ignore what he was saying. 

I look back at the army and felt my hope dwindling by the minute. I ignored the pending doom we seem to face. 

Donny couldn't run. We jogged with most of his weight on me. He kept groaning and moaning as he held the piece of material to his bleeding wound.

I felt myself getting more tired and tired by the minute. 

"Lily, stop," Donny said, "I can't let you die for me. If you stay we both die. At least one of us needs to live."

"Shut up, Donny!" I shouted at him as tears streamed down my face because I think I knew...I might have to leave him. But I refuse to do that. I can't do it!