Chapter fifteen

Kobra Kid's POV

"What do you think they are saying? They have been in there a long time." I shifted in my seat to look at Ray. He looked over the book he was reading. " For the last time I don't know I'm out here with you." " Do you think he will help?" " I don't know." "What will we do if he doesn't?" He put the book he was reading down to look at me. " I don't know, now can you stop asking the same three questions?" " Sorry I'm just nervous about what will happen. I'll stop talking now."

After awhile Gerard came back out. He walked right past us. We quickly got to our feet and followed him outside.

" What happened? What did he say? Will he help?" I asked as soon as I got close enough. "No." He said. "No , no what?" " No he won't help." " why?" This didn't make sense Dr. Death always helped. " He can't take that risk." " What are we gonna do?" " We aren't gonna do nothing. I'm going myself." " By your self?" " Thats the plan." " Are you crazy?" He didn't really think he could do that alone did he? " Yeah I'm crazy what made you think i was sane?" " You'll get killed." " No I won't. I know that place like the back of my hand." "Back of your hand fromt of your hnd that place is crawling with Dracs and Exterminaters that want us dead you in particular. It's too risky." "I don't care." " You can't go by yourself." " I have no other choice." " We are going with you." Ray nodded his head in agrement. " No you're not." " Why not" " Because like you said it's to risky. I can't risk your life like that." " Well you're about risk your life for some one you care about. We care about him to maybe not the way you do but we do care. We want to help him to." Gerard started to put some supplies in the car. "Well do you care about me?" " Yes." " Then you should understand that if you go with me and get killed I couldnt live with myself. So you have to stay here where I know you are safe." " What about if you get killed you are the only family we have left." " I know that's why I won't get killed." " Fine then we won't go with you we'll go by ourselves." " What?" " We can't go with you so we'll just go by ourselves a few feet behind you." " You are being complicated." " So are you. This can all stop if you just let us go with you." He finally turned around to face us. " No, and it will be kinda hard to follow me a few feet behind if I'm in a car and you are walking. I don't think I will be driving slow enough for you to keep up with me." " We'll run." " No, now stop trying to convince me to let you go. I said no and thats the end of that." " You know I think you should let us go with you." Ray spoke up. " Why is that?" " Because we can help out alot." " How?" " Well you know the whole place like the back of your hands. Kobra has great aim. And I have a sharp eye. It would be better, faster, and easier if we came along." Gerard sighed. " Fine you can come but you have to listen to what I say and stay close don't go wondering off." I was relifed that he was letting us help. " Well what are you sitting around here for get in the car."