Chapter Twenty-Two

“Please tell me he’s wrong. You wouldn’t do that.” He didn’t say anything. He wouldn’t look at me. “Mikey please say something.” He didn’t he just sat there silent as if I didn’t say anything. I knew it was true. He would have said something by now, or he would have done anything to prove to me that it wasn’t true. “Mikey please.” He looked at me. His face said it all but I need to hear it from him.

“Yes it’s true.” “Tell me what you did, when you did it, where it happened, who gave it to you, and why.” “I took drugs from BL/ind.It was about two days and after Frank taken.It was my watch.This girl came, she looked like a killjoy.I didn’t feel good.She said that she had some medicine to help me feel there.I saw the logo, but she said that it was clean.And it was checked for side effects.She gave me the whole bottle.I took the pills.I’ve been taking them until Korse took Frank.” “What!?! First of all you know you can’t trust a stranger. Second what killjoy do you know that travels alone? Third if the medicine was cleared the logo would have been marked out. Plus we already had cold medicine. But the part I don’t understand is why you kept taking it.” “I couldn’t stop. It was addictive.” “Why did you stop when Frank was taken?” “Because I ran out. Do you hate me?”

I didn’t hate him. But I was mad, sad, but mainly disappointed. I couldn’t even look at him. I don’t want to talk to him anymore. Because he lied about being sick. He knew that we had medicine. He was the one who told me we had it. If he was sick I would have known. No, I don’t hate him at all. But I could never forgive him.