Chapter 3: LA Devotee

My excitement quelled after about an hour of sitting in car. Mostly because I was thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong.

God I am such a pessimist.

I try to be more optimistic, but my low self esteem gets in the way and I start thinking of all the bad situations that could happen and how it's all because of me.

At least that's what the therapist said.

After about an hour of thinking, I decided to put my earbuds in after Jodie started listening to her 80's heavy metal music. Which isn't my cup of tea.

2 hours pass by and Jodie gets my attention to let me know that we are about an hour outside the city.

I take out my earbuds and start staring again thinking: What if this doesn't work. What if they don't like me. What if I have to leave.

What if

What if

GOODDAMN IT STOP WORRYING

Then, it hits me. I still don't know who these people are.

I turn and face Jodie, "You still haven't told me who adopted me ya know."

She turns her music down a little. "Yeah, I told you it's a surprise," she says with a smile.

"Ok, you're seriously not going to tell me the people who are taking me in? They told me all the other times who I'm going to be staying with. Why is this time any different?"

I'm getting kind of frustrated. I just want to know who they are. Why can't she just tell me?

"I'll give you one hint. Will that make you happy?"

"One hint, are you serious? It's not like I know these people."

"Oh yes you do," she says chuckling.

I was not expecting that in the slightest.

"I know these people?"

She smiles and nods, still looking at the road.

I turn to my original position in the seat. I start taking in all the new information and ponder it.

I know these people? Do they know me? How do I know them? WHO IS IT??

I put my earbuds back in to try and keep myself from thinking to much.

*One hour later*

I glance up from my iPod and look out above the dashboard. The beautiful city of Los Angeles overtakes the view in front of me.

Oh my God, it's breathtaking!

The stores and palm trees along the street. All the people walking on the sidewalk. It's absolutely amazing! I've only been here for two seconds and I'm already in love with this city.

Granted, we aren't in the city of LA where all the tall buildings stand. We're in downtown, but it's still fascinating.

We soon get out and away from where all the stores and people are and head to where the rich and famous people's houses are.

Holy shit, I'm going to live here.

I scan the houses as we approach Burbank Street. All of them look WAY too expensive. I figured they must cost thousands of dollars or more.

We turn down Burbank Street and look for the house that has the numbers 345 on it.

I soon spot the numbers on the post of a metal gate. It was posted in front of a tall white house with a black, slanted roof. I point to it which attracts Jodie's attention and she turns into the drive way.

We wait until the gate slowly opens by itself, revealing the rest of the drive way.

We drive up, following the path. Jodie parks behind another car which is parked in front of the garage that was attached to the house.

Jodie and I jump out of the truck and start heading up the path that led to the front door.

I shove my iPod and earbuds in my back pocket. Then, I wipe my hands on the front of my jeans to wipe off the sweat coming from them.

My hands are shaky and clammy from sweat and my heart feels like it's going to burst from my chest it's beating so fast. The suspense is killing me.

We walk up to the door and Jodie rings the doorbell. We wait not even 10 seconds for a tall, brown haired man to open the door.

My eyes widen, my heart feels like it fell out of my chest and onto the pavement.

Holy shit, it's Brendon Urie

~

again another short chapter I'm sorry but aye we got to a good part yay

~

Thanks for reading
-patd18devotee 💕