Chapter 16: Miss Jackson

Brendon's POV

My breathing hitches as I read over those words again.

I have her.

I'm unable to even read the rest of the note as I just feel pain overcome me. Like a wave from the ocean crashing down on me. All these different emotions: shock, worry, anger, panic all swallow me up whole into a pit of complete fear.

I drop the note from my hands, Sarah grabs it before it reaches the floor. I step away from the group unable to breathe, the panic making my airways tight. My hands find their way to my hair. Running their way through the strands, pulling and gripping them at each thought of what is actually happening.

She's gone.

I block out all the noice and hysteria coming from the others as my panicked thoughts are overpowering them.

SHE'S GONE—

"Brendon!?" Sarah yells, bringing me out of the state of panic in my head.

"What are we going to do?" She looks at me, worry and fear in her eyes.

"I-I..." I gulp and blink slowly at her, the thoughts are to rapid to concentrate. "Give me the note again." I finally say.

She nods and hands the note over to me. I read over the rest of the note:

If you want her back, come to this address and bring 40,000 dollars cash.

259 Walhalla Road, Columbus Ohio

Time is ticking Brendon.

(If you want to look up the address, look it up without the house numbers. You might find a little surprise hehehe)

I start to really hyperventilate now. Time is running out and who knows she might already be dead.

"I need to go to find her." I say looking up at the group. They all have the same looks of fear and worry on their faces.

"I'm coming with you. We can drive to the place in the rental car." Zack says with a serious look on his face. The guy doesn't show much emotion but he does care. And when it comes to protecting me or my family, shit gets personal.

"Alright fine, but just me and Zack. I don't want anyone else to get hurt." Me and Zack go to exit the bus until someone pulls me back by the arm. I spin around to find my wife holding on, tears spilling out from her eyes.

"Please, say safe." She says quietly. I lean down and give her a soft kiss. "Bring our daughter back."

"I will, I promise." I give her one more peck on the lips before turning around and leaving the bus.

I hold the note tightly in my right hand as Zack and I run to the only rental car which is on the other side of the parking lot.

"Woah, what are you guys doing!" I hear a voice yell. I turn and see Pete walking towards the rental car in which we need to get to.

Zack and I keep running towards the rental car, Pete beating us to it. We skid to a stop, both of us out of breath.

"Brooklyn's been kidnapped and we need to go find her!" I yell frantically. I need to save her, time is running out.

Shock and fear overcome Pete's expression, his body physically tensing up.

"Get in." Pete commands getting into the driver's seat.

Zack hurries and gets in the back and I run to get in the passenger's seat. Pete starts up the car with the keys that were in his pocket. He backs out of the parking space and then slams on the gas to go forward. The tires making a screeching sound as the car skids out of the parking lot.