Chapter 4: New Perspective

Brendon opens the door and smiles at us.
"Hey guys, come on in." He opens the door some more to let us in.

Is this really happening? I MUST be dreaming.

Jodie and I walk into the house. Holy shit it's huge. Well, what do you expect a rockstars house to look like.

The walls were white with pictures hung on them. They were mostly aesthetic designs like flowers and stuff like that.

To my left, there was a hallway which had a case of stairs that lead to the floor above and two doors on the other side of where the stairs were.

To my right, there was a beautiful kitchen with white cabinets hung along the walls. There was a large island in the middle with a marble countertop. The far side wall was completely windows and sitting right in front was a brown dining table with black chairs (odd combination but it works). A vase of yellow flowers sat on top of the table set to complete the look.

In front of me, against the wall, sat a beautiful black piano. I've always wanted to play the piano but I guess lessons were "a waste of time and money" in my dad's opinion.

I turn to face Jodie and Brendon talking.

"Hey! Long time, no see," Brendon says as he hugs Jodie.

"Yeah, it's been a while," Jodie laughs while hugging him.

Wait, what? How does Jodie know Brendon Urie and not tell me?

Jodie must've noticed my puzzled countenance since she starts to chuckle. Brendon must've noticed too because he also starts snickering.

"A few years ago, he and some of his buddies got drunk up at one of the bars in Hanford and I had to drive their sorry asses back to their hotel." She says smirking at Brendon.

He chuckles, "Ah yes, thank you again for that."

"No problem," She says laughing again.

He turns towards me, "My name is Brendon if you didn't already know and my wife, Sarah, will be here soon. She just went out to get some things for dinner."

I nod my head, "I'm Brooklyn if you didn't already know," I laugh.

"It's very nice to meet you, Brooklyn," he smiles.

"Can I give you a tour of the house? I mean, after all you are living here," he chuckles.

"Yeah sure," I snicker.

"I'll go out to the truck and get your stuff," Jodie says as she walks to the door.

"Ok," I reply.

Jodie heads out the door and closes it, leaving Brendon and I to stand there.

"I'll show you your room first. Is that alright?" I can tell he's nervous and that he is trying to contain all of his excitement. I am too, believe me.

"Yeah of course. Whatever is fine," I say.

His face perks up, "Alrighty then, let's go upstairs."

He leads me down the hallway to my left and up the stairs. It's met with another hallway with doors lined along them.

We go down the hallway, him leading, and we stop at the second to last door at the end. He opens the door and we walk into the room.