Chapter 5: All My Friends We're Glorious

I slowly start to awake from sleep, feeling like I could easily fall asleep again.

Slowly, my eyes start to open and I look at the room around me. I start to panic a little bit when I realize I wasn't in my normal room; however, I quickly calm back down when I remember the events of yesterday.

Holy shit, so this wasn't dream. I'm actually in Brendon Urie's house. He actually adopted me. Wait so does that mean I'm Brooklyn Urie now? Brooklyn Rose Urie. Has a nice ring to it.

I throw the bed covers off of me and take out my iPod that forgot to take out of my pocket to look at the time, 10:42.

I also checked the percentage which was pretty low so I go over to my book bag and take out my charger. After plugging the box into the outlet beside my bed, I plug it into my iPod and then set it on the bed.

I go into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. The wavy, light brown hair that usually goes a little past my shoulders is all tangled up and ratted from the tossing and turning of sleep. I study the rest of my features in the mirror, observing how tired they look.

Looking into my blue eyes, which are still tired from sleep, I notice how they are much lighter than normal. Under my eyes are my freckles that look extra noticeable this time of year because of the summer sun. Then, I look down at my full lips which are dry from the mouth-breathing during my sleep.

Mom used to say that I was her clone because I looked so much like her. The only characteristics I got from my dad was my height and my nose. Everything else was given to me by my mom.

I miss her so much.

I stop looking at myself in the mirror and actually go to the bathroom. Once I get done, I walk out of the bathroom, out of my bedroom, and head downstairs.

After making it down the stairs, I walk into the living room. No one was in there so I go into the kitchen. Luckily, Sarah was in there.

When I go into the kitchen, Sarah turns her head towards me. "Good morning, Brooklyn!How did you sleep?" She says with a smile.

"Good morning and it was good." I respond still sleepy

"Good, I'm glad," She turns so her entire body is facing me, "Do you want some breakfast? Brendon and I ate earlier. We were going to wait until you woke up but we didn't know how late you would be." Sarah's eyes look away sheepishly, almost as if she was embarrassed about what they had done.

"Oh no, it's fine. I'll just eat later, no big deal." I say with reassurance.

"Are you sure?" She begs, "I can whip up something quick for you, or there's cereal in the cupboard over there," she points behind her to one of the white cupboards.

"Oh no seriously, Sarah, I'm fine. Thank you," I let out a small chuckle. Her generosity and kindness is too sweet.

"Ok," She lets out a sigh, signaling her defeat, "Suit yourself." She turns back around with a giggle.

In the silence that takes place afterwards, I pan around the kitchen with a blank stare and study the certain objects laying around.

"Where's Brendon?" I say randomly, staring at the yellow flowers sitting on the dinning table.

"He's walking the dogs, should be back soon," she says still turned away from me.

"Oh okay," I say, my eyes not leaving the vase of flowers.

After I stand there awkwardly for a solid minute, I turn my head towards Sarah to see what she's doing. Her hands are in the sink which is filled with bubbles, so my mind instantly goes to cleaning dishes.