Chapter 8: Swimming With The Sharks

"WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!"

I immediately jolt up from my slumber, hitting my head on the ceiling of the tour bus.

"Ow, mother fucker!" I yelp, rubbing my head.

I look over at the person who was about to get their ass kicked.

"Happy Birthday!!" Brendon says with a huge smile on his face.

"Why? What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes and then glaring back at him.

"Because it's your birthday and you can't sleep all day silly head." He says like it's a rule.

"That's debatable." I say, my voice sounding scratchy from sleep.

"And..." he says looking at his wrist that has no watch, "it's ten thirty." He looks back up at me.

"Uggg..." I groan, laying my head back on my pillow closing my eyes. "I don't wanna get up."

"But you have to, I got stuff planned for the day and we have to leave in a few minutes." He says shaking my body back and forth.

I groan again, "Okay I'll get up."

"Great!!" He stops shaking me, "We're leaving soon and make sure to have your stuff all packed up, we're going into the hotel." He leaves the bunk area and closes the curtain, making the place ten times more darker.

I start to get out of bed, my joints popping into place as I slowly move down the latter and over to my suitcase.

I pull out the cloths I would wear today with my other essentials and go in the bathroom to get ready.

Once I get done getting ready and going to the bathroom and what not, I leave the bathroom and put my things away. I take the stuff from my bunk and stuff them into my suitcase and zip it up, setting it up right.

I take the suitcase and go into the lounge where everyone was sitting and talking amongst themselves.

Once they see me, I'm greeted with "good mornings" and "happy birthdays" which make me feel so happy.

"Alright," Brendon says clasping his hands together, "Now that everyone is alive, we can go in the hotel!" He says taking his suitcase that was sitting in the corner and walking out of the tour bus.

Everyone else does the same and walks out of the tour bus which was in the back parking lot of the hotel.

We arrived in Dallas, Texas last night from the concert in Austin, Texas. I was too lazy/tired to go into the hotel so some people stayed with me in the bus while others were already in the hotel in their rooms. Today was a free day and the Dallas concert wasn't until tomorrow.

We walked into the hotel lobby and got our key cards from the lady at the front desk.

Dallon, Zack, Kenny, and Dan got their own room while Brendon, Sarah, and me got our own. Dallon, Zack, and Dan were already in their rooms while the rest of us stayed in the bus.

The rest of the bands are staying at the same hotel and are already in their rooms.

We get into the elevator and I hit the '6' button since that was what floor our room was on and the doors shut, the elevator moving to our floor.

Once we get to our floor, the doors open and we walk out of the elevator and walk to where our rooms are.

Dallon, Zack, Dan, and Kenny were staying in '625' while the rest of us were staying in room '627' which were right next to each other.

I take the key card from Brendon and run to the room and slide it into the slot, making it unlock. I push the door forward and flip the light on, illuminating the space.