Chapter 20: Let's Kill Tonight

(y'all fucking ready for this shit?)

Brendon's POV
*after he gets punched by Brooklyn's dad- Chapter 18*

I wake up with a searing pain coursing throughout my face. I sit up groaning and lift my hand to my nose feeling a discomfort underneath. A red sticky substance gets on my hand which I obviously make out to be blood. My nose itself feels broken along with the rest of my face which may not be broken but is definitely in pain.

A gunshot coming from upstairs breaks me out of my daze, making me realize why I'm here and why I need to get the hell up.

I quickly scramble up from the floor, running over to the staircase where the yells and cries are coming from. I step on one step which makes a loud and obnoxious creak. I cringe at the noise and decide the best way to get upstairs is to softly and swiftly run up them.

I take another step, the wood making the same noise but I quickly take another step only touching the step for a second before I step on another. The sound is not as loud and before I know it, I'm at the top of the stairs.

I quietly walk into the bedroom the stairs lead to.

"N-No please don't."

My eyes widen at the sound of Brooklyn's voice. She's alive!

But something tells me that if I don't do something soon, she won't be for much longer.

"Well, if you insist—You were already supposed to be dead back when I killed your mother. Such a shame."

I hesitate in my next step at those words obviously coming from the man who wanted the money in exchange for my daughter. That fucking bastard.

With anger bubbling in my stomach, I peak around the corner into the very dim lit room. Pete makes eye contact with me, absolute fear and horror fill them. I lift my finger up to my lips to let him keep my presence a secret.

He gets the gist as he starts yelling at the bastard, getting him to point the gun away from Brooklyn but instead at him.

I slowly creep up behind him and pounce like a cat on his back. The gun fires but I can't tell where it went, hopefully, no one got shot.

The gun drops and rests next to me and the man who I currently am on top of. I wrestle with him until he finally gets out of my grip.

He grabs the gun and shoots.

A sudden searing pain rushes throughout my shoulder where the bullet had punctured. I let go of him, my one hand covering the bullet wound and cradling my limp arm.

I fall to the ground, the guy pushes me off and stands up. The gun in his hand is pushed up against my glabella. The only thought rushing through my head is that I'm going to die.

"Since you couldn't cooperate, it's time for you to die. Goodbye and thanks for the money." He gives an evil smirk before he puts his finger on the trigger.

I close my eyes tight, knowing that this is the end.

Goodbye Brooklyn. Goodbye, Sarah, my love. Goodbye—

Before I can finish my goodbyes, the metal lifts off of my head. I open my eyes and lift my head to see Pete on the ground along with the man.

They fight until Pete is victorious, grabbing the gun and shooting him in the leg. He falls to the ground in agony as Pete comes up to him and lands one last punch right in the face causing the man to go limp.

Pete stands their, blood covering his knuckles and breathing heavily. He stares at the comatose man on the ground as if he had finally ended a war.

Which, to some extent, did.

I start to feel dizzy. I look at the wound in my arm, blood oozes out of it staining my T-shirt. I fall back against the floor, unable to hold my head up.

Zack rushes over to me and holds it up for me. "Come on Brendon stay awake for me." He says to me. I see the panic and fear in his eyes but my own can't seem to stay open.

The dizziness starts to affect my vision, making everything severely blurry until it starts to develop spots.

The black spots grow bigger and bigger.

A distant cry is the last thing I hear before I finally pass out.

Brooklyn's POV

I watch helplessly as the fight takes place in front of me. Raw screams escape my throat, begging for the fighting to stop. No more tears had fallen down my face as if I had none left to cry.

Pete stands victorious over the lifeless body of my psycho father. His blood drips off his knuckles landing on the dark oak floor. He stares at him as if he wanted to punch the man again but instead stands there staring.

I stare at Pete until I see Brendon move from the ground and instantly my attention is diverted.

Zack rushes over Brendon lifting his head up. "Come on Brendon stay awake for me." He says trying to keep him awake.

Brendon looks up at him lazily but soon his eyes fall to the back of his head and he goes unconscious.

"Brendon!" I cry out, trying to fight against the restrains to get to him. I know it won't work but my heart is screaming at me to get to him.

I didn't know whether he was alive or not.

That's what scares me the most was what if he's dead.

Oh no

The memories of my dead mother rush through my head. Looking at Brendon on the floor stands as a parallel from that night to now and that's what makes it all the more scarier.

More sobs wrack my body as they keep rushing through my head.

You fucked this up again.

You did this.

You killed your mother AND Brendon.

"It's okay B I'm right here, I gotcha." Pete's voice comes into focus but I still keep crying. I feel the rope holding me back become untied and I finally become free.

I fall out of my chair and collapse onto Pete. I hold on tight to his shirt as he hugs me tightly. He holds me, rocking slowly in an attempt to calm me down. My sobs turn into rapid wet hiccups as he tells me everything is alright.

Everything isn't all right.

I killed Brendon.

I killed my mom.

I kill everyone I care about.

Everything is my fault.

Tears I thought I had none left of start falling from my eyes and land on his shirt.

"Zack's calling the police so they'll be here soon." He says carding his fingers through my hair.

"We'll get out of this hell house soon."

~

why is fuck a silver lining so goddamn good like that song is a fucking masterpiece

aNYWAYS YEAH HERE YOU GO this was lowkey sucky and I wasn't sure how to write this chapter but it all worked out in the end

and this book is going to be coming to an end *cries* and there will only be either 2 or 3 chapters left depending on how I'm writing them but I am so happy that this is finally coming to a close oOf,, I'm not saying I hate this book by ANY stretch this book is like my child but I'm just excited to move onto other things and write other books *wink* if ya know what I mean

anyways thanks y'all for the votes and and comments I really appreciate them uwu

so yeah thanks for reading my fellow bad bitches
stay bad xx
~brick