Chapter 19: From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins

Pete's POV *after leaving the car*

Zack and I walk up the hill, trying to make our way through the trees and multiple branches in our way.

We walk up and behind the house, hoping to find a back door so we can get in without the person seeing us.

This person is gonna be dead by the time I get my hands on them. No one does this to my friends and no one does this to the people I care about.

We find a backdoor thankfully and Zack sneaks up front to see if Brendon has successfully gotten the person out of the house. He motions me to go in so I carefully twist the doorknob and open the door. Quietly, I make my way into the house with Zack following me. The door led to the kitchen which is very much out of date. I try not to gag at the awful smells (mainly animal piss and death) coming from everywhere as we make our way through the house.

We walk into the living room, the furniture old and stained along with the floors and walls. Right next to where Zack and I were standing was a staircase that leads to the next floor. Zack motions for me to go up while he continues to look around down here. I nod and quietly go upstairs.

Each step bends under my weight, making a cracking or creaking noise. I cringe as each little move makes a loud and obnoxious noise. I pray that the person outside doesn't hear me.

As quickly as possible, I go up the stairs. At the top, I silently thank seven pounds, four-ounce baby Jesus that no one heard me.

I quietly walk into the room the stairs lead me to. The room is just a normal bedroom, but old of course. But then, I notice another door in the corner facing the foot of the bed. I slowly walk over to the door, the anxiety bubbling in my stomach. My hands shake from the fear of what's on the other side of the door.

I'm living in a real-life horror movie.

I open the door which reveals a dark and old attic. My eyes adjust slightly before I finally see the outline of someone in a chair. Brooklyn! I quickly run over to her, not caring that the floorboards are creaking underneath me. Pulling out my phone, I call Zack and tell him I found her. He tells me he's on his way up and ends the call

After the call ends, I turn on my phone flashlight. The light shows her tied up in a chair by these thick ropes. Her head hangs down, her face unrecognizable. I set my phone on the floor, light up, and get on my knees down to her level.

I lift Brooklyn's head up, her cheek bruised and her lip busted open. My heart aches at the sight. This poor girl.

"Brooklyn." I shake her as an attempt to wake her up. I check her pulse, it's still there.

"Please, Brooklyn, wake up." I try and shake her again. Someone comes in the room from behind me and kneels down next to me. I jump in surprise and look but it's only Zack. Thank god or I would've pissed my pants.

Zack starts going around the chair and untying the ropes. I keep continuing to wake her up.

"Come on B." I shake her again. Her breathing picks up and groans.

I sigh in relief as she lifts her head up and her eyes flutter open. But her once sleepy eyes full of dreariness is now full of fear as she lets out a blood-curdling scream.

I jump back in surprise and look to Zack who is also on the floor in surprise. He gives me a look saying we are fucked. I glance back to Brooklyn, who instead of screaming is crying. I get off of my ass and run to her.

"Brooklyn, kiddo, look at me." I kneel down and grab her by the shoulders, shaking her to snap her out of whatever trance she's in.

I hear heavy and fast footsteps coming up the stairs from behind me but I still keep my sight on the sobbing girl in front of me.

Brooklyn lifts her head up slowly as she whimpers. She looks at me, her eyes full of absolute horror. Slowly, she calms down and her breaths even.

"P-Pete?" She stutters.

All of a sudden, there's a pounding on the door. The impact makes the door bend and breaks until it finally bursts open.

A man charges in a gun in hand, pointing right at me.

"Get away from her!" He yells. I scramble away from the once again crying girl behind me and put my hands up. The man points the gun at Zack who is in the same position as me.

"You know, I thought your friend Brendon would be smarter than this but instead he actually made the situation worse." He gives an evil smirk. "Looks like I'll actually get to be killing some people after all."

"N-No please don't hurt them!" Brooklyn sobs.

"Shut the hell up girl." He lets one hand go of the gun still pointing at Zack and slaps her across the face. She cries out in pain but soon whimpers in obedience and hangs her head.

Something inside me screams at me to get up and fight the bastard but my fear is keeping me from moving an inch.

Unlike my coward-like attitude, Zack rushes to get up but in return gets a bullet shot near his foot. He yelps in surprise and then returns to his position on the floor.

"Move again and the next will go through your chest." The man growls at him. Zack still has that fiery spark in his eye but stays put.

The man slowly walks over to Brooklyn and grabs her but the chin. She whimpers as the man harshly lifts it up. He whispers something in her ear but I can't hear it over the loud and fast thumping that is my heartbeat.

"No p-please don't." She responds to whatever he tells her. "If your gonna kill anyone, kill me."

My eyes widen. She would sacrifice herself for us? She would really do that?

"Well, if you insist." He leans back from her ear with a devilish smirk on his face. "You were already supposed to be dead back when I killed your mother. Such a shame."

Oh my fucking god

It's her dad

Before I go to scream at him, I see Brendon in the doorway. His face is bruised with blood running down his nose and his forehead. Thank god he's okay.

He lifts a finger up to his lips to shush me as he walks closer to the door.

"No stop, don't hurt her!" I yell, trying to distract her dad from seeing Brendon.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll shoot you first!" He yells, pointing the gun at me and away from Brooklyn.

"Fucking do it!" I yell back. Brendon creeps closer to him, ready to jump on him.

"Well if you say so..." He puts his finger on the trigger, ready to fire, until Brendon launches onto his back.

The shot whizzes past my head, missing by just an inch and the gun falls on the floor. Brendon and her dad tussle on the ground, one on top of another holding each other's limbs back. Trying to keep each other from grabbing the gun.

Before I and Zack can get to the gun, one of them already grabs it and fires.

A single gunshot rings throughout the entire house.

Oh my god...

~

CLIFFHANGER OOF

I'm posting this outside and gODDAMN IT WHY IS OHIO SO FUCKING COLD SKSKKSKSKS

anyways this is gonna be a short AN because my fingers are freezing and my brain can't think of anything to say

so yeah I love all of y'all and thank you so much for reading and thanks for all the votes and comments they are very much appreciated uwu

thanks again my fellow bad bitches
stay bad xx
~brick