Chapter 7: Nails For Breakfast, Tacks For Snacks

I wake up to darkness completely surrounding me. I lift myself up on my elbows to get a better look at where I am. I was about to completely sit up and look around until I hit my head on the top of the ceiling.

"Ow," I say softly rubbing my head.

I was a bit disoriented before because I didn't know where I was but then when I hit my head I remembered, I'm on the tour bus.

I pull back the curtain of the bunk and instant sunlight poured into the space. I squint my eyes at the sudden brightness and start getting out of bed.

I reach for the ladder and pull myself out of bed. I slowly walk down the ladder and land on the floor only to be met with clothes everywhere tossed about on the floor and on the other bunks. I also realized that no one else was in the bunks. Maybe they're awake and in the lounge.

I pull back the curtain to the lounge and see no one. I walk in further and look around only to meet nobody. Where is everyone?

I walk to the back to the bus to the bathroom and knock on the door.

"Hello, is anyone in there?" I say after I knock on the door.

No answer.

I walk to the front of the bus to see if the driver was there.

No one.

I suddenly start to feel my heart rate accelerate and my breathing hitch. Everything's alright Brooklyn just calm down. Maybe they left a note or something.

I take a few deep breaths and walk back to the lounge in search of a note.

I walk all around the lounge.

On the table? Nope. On the couch? Nope. On the fridge? Nope. Maybe it fell on the floor? Nothing.

What the hell?!? I was really starting to panic now.

I didn't have a phone so I couldn't text or call anyone to see where people were so that wasn't an option.

I look out one of the windows and outside seemed to look like we were in a parking lot of some kind but I couldn't make out any signs or anything that suggests where I was.

I started to full on cry. Did everyone leave me? Where did they go? Did they abandon me? What if they left me here to die. What if they're dead. What if they got kidnapped.

What if

What if

Sobs started to wrack my body and hot tears slid down my cheeks. I started shaking a lot and I couldn't control myself. I felt so alone and abandoned. For a 13 year old this is pretty pathetic. I'm pathetic.

After about two minutes of me sobbing and crying my eyes out thinking my family and friends were dead, the bus door opens. I quickly get off of the floor and sprint to the back of the bus into the bathroom.

I had two reasons for doing this:
1) It could be the kidnaper that kidnapped my family and is coming back for me
2) Brendon and everyone came back and they would see me looking like a complete mess

I ran into the bathroom and quickly shut the door, locking it and sitting down on the toilet seat.

I wait quietly to hear who it is that came into the bus. After about 10 seconds I hear voices and laughter erupt from behind the door in the lounge. One laugh in particular stuck out that I knew for a fact was Brendon's and a sudden weight lifted off of my chest.

I got off of the toilet seat and walk up to the mirror above the sink.

My eyes and cheeks are puffy from the tears and my entire face was red (I am a very ugly crier).