The End Of All Things

~3 months later~

I walk along the path, cut grass pressing beneath my shoes. The sun shines brightly, rays cascading down upon the headstones that each read the name of the unfortunate soul who had pasted.

Usually when you would enter a graveyard you would think of darkness, fear, and cold but today was the opposite. It was a warm September day and today was when I would finally do something that I hadn't done in a long time.

I keep trudging through the rows of headstones looking for the correct name of the person of whom I was looking for.

I search for their name until I finally find it.

~Rose Marie Dawson~
Loving Mother and Daughter
1980-2013

I step forward towards the square headstone and bend down. I reach out and touch the warm granite as if feeling it would make me sense her.

(THAT GREEN GENTLEMAN CAME ON AND IM SOBBING OH NO)

"M-Mom." I stutter. I feel a tear fall down my cheek.

"I-I hope you can hear me and that you're okay wherever you are." I say wiping away the other tears that have fallen down my face. "I'm sorry for not visiting and coming here like I should it's just... things have been tough the past 4 years."

"I miss you a lot. I think about you all the time and how things would be if you were here." I pause, trying to think of what else to say.

I look behind me and see Brendon and Sarah standing there. They both wear dark clothes. Sarah wears a black dress with flowers on it while Brendon wears a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans. He has a sling on his shoulder cradling his injured arm. I turn back to the headstone, knowing what to say.

"A lot has changed since you past. I went to a lot of different foster homes when he went to jail. But I finally ended up with Brendon and Sarah. They are the nicest people ever and if you were alive today you would absolutely love them."

"I also have met so many more amazing people you would absolutely love. And I went on tour with Brendon's band. I don't know if you know who Panic! At The Disco is but I bet you would love their music also. And Pete, oh you would love him too, he's like my best friend in the entire world. But I have a feeling that you would love Brendon the most because you and him are so much alike. Smart, funny, crazy, beautiful just to name a few. He reminds me so much of you."

A few seconds past before I decide to cut to the chase. I sit on the ground and criss-cross my legs, ready to spill the piping hot tea. I may not need to talk about this, but it feels relevant for some reason.

"You probably already know this but dad is dead, hopefully you don't see him wherever you are but he's gone, for good. The weird thing is, is that he died when he got put back into prison after he was let go from the hospital." I think back to the letter I got stating the information about him.

"I'm not sure what that means or how it happened but now he can't hurt me or my family again." I feel a sense of pride in the pit of my stomach.

He can't hurt me anymore.

I'm free.

I smile at the gravestone, tears still running down my face.

"Brooklyn." A hand touches my shoulder. I look up and see Brendon looking down at me with a soft smile. Sarah stands closely next to him.

"Are you ready?" He asks.

I look back at the granite gravestone and nod slightly.

"Good bye Mom, I love you." I say one last time.

I uncross my legs and reach up to Brendon's hand helping me off of the ground. After dusting myself off, I walk back with the couple to the car. I get in the back as Brendon and Sarah sit in the front.

Brendon starts the car and slowly drives out of the cemetery. I look out the window, staring at my mother's headstone as it gets smaller and out of my line of vision.

The venting I had with the headstone made me really think about how much things have changed over the past few years...

I started out in a non-safe household, tragedy struck and then got put into the system for 3 years. Kept moving to several different families, thinking that I was an awful person because I couldn't stay in one place (I still do if I'm being honest). Then, I finally found it, my forever family. The family I thought was so out of reach that it didn't exist. But, I was proven wrong. Brendon and Sarah Urie, the most loving people in the entire world. The people who care for me and love me for who I am. They didn't care how fucked up I was; how awkward and sad I was at the beginning. They still loved me, and that's all I could ever ask for.

Things have changed for me and that's okay.

~fin~

AW LAST CHAPTER IM SO SAD

Thank you all for the people who have read this and have gotten this far y'all are so fucking amazing,, if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't have made it this far or let alone complete this. Y'all are the absolute best

Would y'all like a Character Ask? I've seen a lot of books do it at the end of their stories and I kinda want to do it here. Would that be cool?
If so then that'll be soon :)

But if not then this is the last chapter y'all. It has been a wild ride and I certainly did not expect all the attention this book would get,, like 4K views!!! Holy shit!!! You guys are the absolute best I can not express how much I love each and everyone of you <3

So yes here is the last and final chapter of Things Have Changed, thanks for reading my fellow bad bitches
Stay bad xx
~brick