Chapter 9: Maybe I'm Overjoyed, Maybe I'm Paranoid

After we get done eating at the pizza place, we all end up going back to the hotel. Brendon says he has another surprise... again... I'm scared.

But when I see that we drive straight past the hotel, I'm starting to think that we're driving to the surprise Brendon is oh so excited about.

We drive about 15 minutes out of town. I had put my earbuds in about five minutes in, blasting some Panic! and stared out the window the entire time.

The car abruptly stops and my gaze is broken from the trees passing by. I turn my head to the front of the car to see why we stopped so suddenly. The car was in a line of other cars that were leading up to and under a large sign that reads The Dallas Zoo.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasp. The rest of the group, Brendon and Zack in the front (Zack driving), Sarah and Kenny sitting next to me in the middle row and Dallon and Dan in the back of the rental van. They all look at me with surprise as I haven't spoken the entire ride.

"I have never been to a zoo before!" I exclaim.

"WHAT!!" They all yell in unison.

"So you're telling me," Kenny says sitting up from his slumped position, "you have never been to the zoo?"

"Yes?" I respond more as a question.

"YOU DON'T LIKE COFFEE AND YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO A ZOO! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!" Dallon yells from behind me.

I start to laugh hysterically, the rest of the group joining.

The car starts to move again as everyone starts telling me about how wonderful and fun the zoo is.

We enter through the parking gate and drive around in the parking lot looking for a free spot. Once Zack finally finds a place to park, we all hop out of the van and start walking to the entrance of the actual zoo. Thankfully it is relatively close to where we parked (thanks Zack).

We get to the entrance and pay to get in. The entrance lady hands me a map. Grabbing it, I open it up to a small scale of the zoo. It showing where the elephants, lions, zebras, penguins, reptiles, and other animals are at.

"My personal favorite is the monkeys." Brendon says from beside me.

"Why is that?" I ask, "Because you are one?"

"Rude..." he scoffs playfully. "They're my favorite because they literally get to play all day and not give a damn it the world. Also, they are pretty cute and fun to look at."

I nod and look down at the map, "The monkey exhibit is on the left." I state, looking up from the map at Brendon, "Shall we go there first?" I ask.

"Yes we shall..." He laughs, "ON TO THE MONKEYS!" He shouts, leading the rest of the group who are laughing to the monkeys.
...

We all were at the zoo for 5 hours, covering the entire zoo (Apparently this is a very small zoo compared to others so I'm told).

We finally leave the zoo, the newly bought polar bear stuffed animal in hand. You thought stuffed animals were for children? Bitch, you thought wrong.

Making it to the van, we all hop in getting into the same spots as last time.

"So what was your favorite part?" Brendon asks, turning his body towards me.

"Probably the polar bears." I say holding up my stuffed animal. "They were really cute and I really wanted to cuddle with them." I say cuddling the bear to my chest.

"What did you name it?" Kenny says from beside me.

"Umm.." I think trying to come up with a name. This is mandatory when you buy a stuffed animal so this has to be a good one.