Chapter 21: Your Regular Decorated Emergency

Silence

All that breaks it is the persistent beeping of the heart monitor. Everything else was silent.

It's been a few hours after I had been kidnapped and Brendon being shot. But to recall what happened after the last chapter had ended, Zack had called the cops and along with several ambulances, they came. They took Brendon's unconscious body along with my dead-to-me father and put them in separate ambulances. The rest of us were taken to the hospital in the cop cars. The only thing keeping me from having another mental breakdown was Pete constantly telling me it's okay. Which, in reality, it isn't but at the time it's what kept me sane.

Flashback to now, all of us are in that hospital plus the others that Brendon, Pete, and Zack had left behind to find me.

The heart monitor still beats at its steady pace. Brendon lays on the hospital bed comatose, multiple wires hooked up to him along with an oxygen mask resting over his face. His shirt was gone showing the wound on his right shoulder covered with a bandage.

I sit next to the bed in one of the many hospital chairs. Sarah sits next to me, my head rests on her shoulder as her arm lays across the back of the chair, holding me close to her. Her own head sits on mine as she quietly rests her eyes and not moving.

If I started to express how everyone acted once they all got here it would be plausible that I would start crying again. The pain and sadness everyone was showing, especially Sarah, was too much for me to bare. Oh how she cried. I started to cry when she started sobbing.

I caused this.

I caused all these people's sadness and pain.

I did this.

The doctor had made only family and close friends stay in the room while the others stayed out in the waiting room area. So in the hospital room was Sarah, me, Pete, and Zack.

Pete sits on the other side of me, gauze wrapped around his knuckles and a brace hugging his left wrist. I had a spit lip and multiple bruises that littered my wrists and face. One bruise more prominent than the others that circled around my eye.

Pete and I had been admitted into another hospital room due to our injuries, his more serious than mine obviously. But we were able to be let go and move into Brendon's room.

I looked warily at Brendon's unconscious body on the hospital bed in front of me. His body still and his facial expression soft and peaceful.

Please wake up

I can't go through this again

I can't have someone I love die again

Please wake up

My eyes cascade down at the floor, tears pricking them and slowly falling down my face. I sniff and rub the tears away with the back of my hand.

"It's okay sweetie, he'll wake up soon." Sarah whispers as she hugs me closer to her side.

"But what if he doesn't, w-what if he d-dies?" I hide my face into her shoulder sobbing.

"You can't think like that," she pulls away making me look up at her. "You have to stay positive and believe that everything will be alright, it's what Brendon would want you to do." Sarah says, her own tears falling gently down her face.

I snuggle back into her shoulder, my tears falling onto her t-shirt that I'm pretty sure belongs to Brendon. The slight cologne that he usually wears stuck to the shirt gives it away.

"Have to have high hopes." She whispers while carding her fingers through my hair.

High, high hopes

...

A few sleepless hours past and Brendon hasn't awoken from his unconscious state.

It has to be at least 7 am. The golden rays from the sun bleed through the blinds into the hospital room. A ray shines perfectly upon Brendon's still expression. The oxygen mask still rests over his face and the heart monitor alerting the beeps that have been keeping me from sleep.

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

The rhythm repeats over and over as a rainstorm's treacherous rains repeatedly beat on a window pane.

Sarah was leaned back in her chair sleeping. Pete had left to go somewhere that he didn't tell me about, probably thinking I was asleep. Oh how he was wrong. And Zack, like I, still was awake and on his phone. He sometimes would leave the room to make phone calls and it would be so quiet in the hospital that I could hear them. To summarize what he said: Brendon's half dead and we can't continue the tour.

Part of me is relieved and the other half is sad. I'm gonna miss touring around and seeing all the cities. Granted, I got beat up by fangirls and got kidnapped by my dad along the way but that doesn't block out all the fun memories I've had.

I just wish that Brendon would wake up so I could make more memories like those.

I yawn and rub my eyes gently so I wouldn't irritate the bruise. I stare at the ground, specifically at the one floor tile that I had been staring at all night.

Before I could get zoned in, a hitch in breathing tears my focus away and onto the person who made the noise: Brendon.

I look at his facial expression, his eyes flutter open looking discombobulated at his surroundings.

"Brendon!" I shout jumping out of my seat and running over to his hospital bed. I wrap him in a tight hug, careful not to lean too hard on his wound but enough that screams I'm excited.

"Brooklyn," He says breathlessly. I let go of him as he takes his oxygen mask off. He smiles at me relieved, "You're okay."

I hear a sob come from behind me so I turn and see Sarah crying. She runs up to Brendon on the other side of the hospital bed and pulls him into a hug.

"I thought I was going to lose you." She says in between her cries.

"I'm right here Babe, I'm alright." Brendon says. He lets go from their embrace to kiss her.

He pulls back and looks to me, "Come here both of you." Sarah and I both lean towards Brendon and all embrace in a group hug.

A family hug.

A family

My family

My forever family.

~

Holy shit y'all like one chapter left oML

Haha y'all thought I was gonna kill Brendon? I'm not THAT evil lol,,
but I got sO many DMs on insta asking me if Brendon was gonna die and I'm like hehehehe I'm not gonna tell you which btw I'm sorry I just like keeping people on the edge because I'm a bad person lol

anyways thank you all for the comments and votes I love each and everyone of y'all so very much.

Last chapter next, get ready :)

thanks for reading my fellow bad bitches, stay bad xx
~brick