Chapter fifteen: Home

PHIL:

"Phil!" My mum chirps, pulling me into a tight hug. I melt into the hug not realizing how much I missed her until now. "Hi mum." She pulls apart, smiling, then whispering into my ear "So, where's Dan?"

PHIL'S MUM:

Phil led me into our kitchen. I could tell from his shaky hands how scared he was. It was adorable, I can't believe he would be scared of telling me this. Wait, if Dan lives with us, I won't mind, but what if them two are...together? I squeal in excitement, getting a weirded out look from Phil followed my a small laugh.

I see Dan standing by the sink, looking really nervous. I haven't seen him in forever! "Dan! How are you?!" I greet happily, pulling him into a hug. Let's just say I hug a lot. He's stiff at first, but then hugs me back. We pull apart and I can see in his eyes how scared he is.

DAN:

"H-Hello Mrs.Lester.." I say quietly and nervously, I'm still so scared of what she'll say about all this.

PHIL:

I watch awkwardly, waiting for my mum's approval as she seems to be judging Dan.

PHIL'S MUM:

"Eww Mrs Lester, that makes me sound really old. Call me Tess Dan, you always did before anyway." I say, unsure of why he is so nervous. He used to call me Tess, and was never this formal.

"Phil asked me about you staying here. I have no problem with it don't worry. Is your mum still the same?" I whisper the last bit quietly. I knew about Dan and how his mother treated him. He had only told me and not Phil because he knew how much it would hurt him. I always begged him to come live with us, but he always refused, saying he 'didn't want to be a bother'.

DAN:

I nodded sadly and she gave me a sympathetic look. She's the only person who knew about what it was like at home. I never wanted to tell her but I had to because one day she saw my bruises and she asked about them and I started to cry, so of course I had to tell her

PHIL's MUM:

"Does Phil know yet?" I ask quietly.

PHIL:

I can see my mum and Dan whispering something, and it doesn't look like they are talking about something nice.

DAN:

I sighed sadly "Yes..He saw.."

PHIL:

They continued to secretly whisper, clearly not willing to tell me what they were talking about, so i walked over to the kettle, turning it on and getting 3 cups out.

PHIL'S MUM:

"How did he react?" Dan opens his mouth to answer, but quickly shutting it. He look at what Phil is doing, and I can see the admiration in his eyes whilst looking at Phil. I wish they'd tell me already, because he's making it really obvious.

DAN:

I look back to Tess again and I can see her looking at me like she knows and I chuckle "Stop looking at me like that!" She just smiles and laughs.

PHIL'S MUM:

They are so cute. All I need to do now is to get Phil to come out to me, and I think Dan knows that too. He really loves my Philly, and I can't possibly think of anyone better to be with him.