I Got You

Jonathan

I sit on a bench in the park with a bundle of purple lilacs in my hand. I really wish she liked a more common flower, or that I didn't dig through someone's garden to get these after I had to look them up on the Internet to even know what I was looking for.

I had on a pair of jeans and red shirt because I wasn't really sure what I was doing here. She seemed to like the color red and I had plenty of it in my closet so I figured this would work out fine. All I knew was that I was doing something I shouldn't be doing, but what that is specifically remains to be seen.

At exactly 11 in the morning a limo pulls up to the curb across the way. I see someone get out of the limo and open the back door. Gracie walks out and thanks the driver before he gets back in and drives off. She waits until he was gone before moving over to the bean. I sit under it so she could find me which she does pretty easily. She runs over and happily jumps into my arms. I wasn't expecting that but she's a pretty outgoing person so I shouldn't be that surprised. 

"I'm excited to see you too" I tease as I set her down. I keep her in my arms as she smiles up to me, she was basically her own source of sunshine.

"I missed you" she claims.

"I missed you too" I admit. "So what are we doing today" I wonder as I hand her the flowers.

"Well my dad thinks I'm getting my hair done so we have about three hours to hang out" she claims.

"What happens when he sees that your hair hasn't changed" I ask.

"He's a man, he won't notice. I could come home with blonde hair and he wouldn't notice" she scoffs. "But I do have $200 dollars to blow now" she smirks.

"I underestimated you. Maybe you are a bad girl" I laugh.

"I'm tired of living in shackles. I'm 21 and in one of the most exciting places in the world. I can't sit in that house all day painting and reading. I need adventure" she claims.

"I can do that" I assure her and she smiles. She grabs my hand and laces her fingers through mine before squeezing my hand. "Do you trust me" I ask. She stares at me for a second before she starts to nod.

"Yeah" she insists.

"Then come with me" I say and she nods.

We hop in my car and we go out to johnnies ice arena. I was a regular there and even though we had the day off I naturally find myself on the ice again. I sneak us in and turn on all the lights. The ice was fresh and it wasn't rented at all today so I know no one would be here.

"Are we supposed to be here" she asks.

"Probably not" I admit and she smiles. For a good girl she sure was good at being bad.

"Okay, so what are we doing here" she asks.

"Skating, duh" I tease and she starts to giggle.

I grab her a pair of rental skates and I grab mine that I keep here. I get laced up then I help her with her skates.

"Okay. I have no idea how to work these things" she insists as she rocks her skates back and fourth as she sits on the bench.

"It's okay. I got you" I insist and she smiles. I grab her hands and safely help her to her feet.

We walk out to the ice and she stops at the edge of it. She looks out like she was about to jump out of a airplane. I softly grab her hips and she lets out a sigh. She steps out and once she got some traction she brings out her other foot too. I follow her onto the ice as she starts to slip and slide.