From Santa

Jonathan

"Wait? Your girlfriend is black" my brother gasps as I take his coat and hang it up by the door.

"She's biracial" I correct him at a much softer tone as I shake my head.

"What's the difference" he asks and I just stare at him.

"I am so happy you talked to me before you talked to her" I admit and he raises his hands in defense.

"I'm just asking questions" he says.

"Really really stupid questions" I reiterate.

"I just have one more" he claims and I sigh.

"What" I ask then almost immediately regret it.

"Does she have a younger sister" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Great... I'm related to a moron" I groan and he laughs.

"I'm just kidding. But she is quite the looker. Where did you say you found her" he asks.

"It was a work thing" I say not wanting to explain.

"Is she a puck bunny" he asks and I laugh.

"Far from it" I assure him.

"Well I can't wait to meet her" he insists.

"If you say any of the idiotic things you just said to me, then you're not going to" I threaten.

"Got it" he winks as he nudged my arm. Like having Patrick around wasn't enough...

After he says hi to Grace and says hi to my mom he joins me and our dad in the living room. It was Christmas morning and my family wasn't going to be around for too long but we always spent Christmas Day together.

Gracie hit it off with my mom because she wanted to learn how to cook and my mom had two boys so neither of us wanted to listen to her cooking stories. But Gracie was eating them up and they seemed to be getting along really well together, not that I thought they wouldn't.

"How long have you been together with Gracie" my dad wonders.

"How do you not know? That's all he ever talks about" my brother teases and I show him my favorite finger.

"It's been four months" I explain and he nods.

"You think she's the one" he asks and I smile.

"I do. She's so incredible, such an amazing soul. She wants to learn about everything, wants to experience it all for herself. She's a beautiful human being" I insist.

"Well I'm happy for you son, you've found somebody to share your life with and you didn't have to completely ruin it to do so" my dad says.

"Thanks, I'm happy to have her in my life" I admit.

Eventually the girls leave the kitchen and joins us in the living room. We exchange gifts as dinner cooks in the oven. I hand Grace a little jewelry box and she looks at me questionably.

"I thought I told you not to get me anything for Christmas because you're already helping me out" she whines.

"You did" I smile as she tries to be grumbly but it was actually really cute.

"Jonny" she pouts and I laugh.

"Can you quit you're complaining and open it. In my defense I got you this way before you moved in" I assure her and she lets out a exasperated sigh.

"Fine" she smirks and I smile.

She opens up the box and finds a charm bracelet inside of it. On there was little momentous of our relationship and space for new ones. There was a ice skate for our first kiss and a couple dancing for the first time we met. Even a pizza for our first date when we went to that pizza bar. I know it's cheesy and kind of predictable but I wanted it to be special, just like she is.

"Oh Jonny, this is adorable" she gasps as she picks it up.

"Do you want me to help you put it on" I ask and she smiles up at me.

"That would be great."

I wrap it around her small wrist and clamp it on. She studies it closesly with the biggest smile on her face.

"Do you like it" I question before she turns to me.

"I love it, and I love you" she says pulling me into a quick kiss.

"Awww you guys are so cute" my mom claims as she claps her hands together.

"Thanks Andree, do you think the food is done yet" Gracie wonders.

"It should just be just about done. We can go check it" my mom suggests.

They both get up to go finish off the food and I clean up the trash from the presents. I look under the tree and see another present no one has opened yet. I pick it up and see it had my name on it but it wasn't from anyone.

"Did either of you guys bring this" I ask showing my brother and father the package in my hands.

"No. And it's not your mothers because her wrapping is never that good" my dad says.

"Then who is it from" I wonder and my brother takes it from me. He studied it before falling into a fit of laughter.

"It says it's from Santa" he claims and now I'm really confused.

I take the package back from him and study it. Finally I decide to stop asking questions and get the answers myself and open it. Under the wrapping paper and inside of the box was book. On the front it's said "I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over again. I will never stop choosing you." There was a picture of Gracie and I after a game where I still had my game stuff on. She was wrapped around my side and was kissing my cheek as I laughed. I remember this picture because it was one of the many times she snuck off to see me. Her mom took the picture then she ran off right after it was taken. I hadn't seen it until now but I think I have a new favorite picture.

I smile as I open the book, I see the pages were filled with pictures, reasons why she loved me in her own words, things we've done together and things she wants us to do together. That and so much more was in there pages as I flipped through them.

"Are you crying" my brother asks and I look up. I feel my face and notice that I indeed was crying, didn't even notice.

"I'll uh... I'll be right back" I say excusing myself.

I head to the kitchen and see Gracie pulling things out of the oven. She closes it back up and when it was safe I grab her waist.

"Hey mom, do you mind if I steal my girlfriend for a second" I ask as I pull her away.

"I do but you're going to do it anyway" she laughs and I nod.

"Thank youuuu" I sing song and my mom waves me off. I pull Grace into the hallway and turn her around. I give her a great big kiss and she laughs a little before putting her oven mit covered hands up to my face bringing me closer.

"What's this for" she giggles.

"I just wanted to thank Santa personally for the present" I smirk.

"My mom always gave me stuff like that from Santa on Christmas. It was better than any other gift they bought for me. So I figured I could get you something money can't buy" she says.

"It's amazing, I love it" I insist.

"And I love you."