Worked Out Pretty Well

Gracie

After the incident at the church I kind of stayed inside for a while. I kept looking for jobs and something to keep me preoccupied. Anything to keep my mind from slipping into a dark place where I lose my life to some guy trying to get back at my dad. Some alternate reality where I don't have Jon and I would be six feet under by now.

But it wasn't all that hard to keep my mind busy when you're living with the youngest captain in the NHL and NHLs bad boy. There was never a dull moment around here, there was always someone over or a argument or competition or a argument about the competition.

And while it's extremely annoying to listen to two grown men fight over absolutely everything, and I mean everything, it's kinda nice to always have something I can happily get behind. These guys are real, not fake or trying to act like someone they're not. It's just unfortunate because they're really annoying too.

"Come out with us" Patrick begs as I lay on the couch. I was perfectly comfortable in one of Jon's shirts and sweatpants.

"But I don't want to" I insist.

"Please. Jonny is a terrible wing man and if you come with Jon then girls out of my league think that I can have them too" he claims and I giggle.

"God you suck" Jonny mumbles as he walks by us.

"Not the point" Patrick says before turning to me. "Pleeeeeease" he begs and I roll my eyes.

"Fine! Fine... let me go change" I sigh as Patrick lights up.

"I love you" he claims and I just shake my head.

"You suck" I yell slipping into Jon and I's room.

I change into skinny jeans with the knees cut out and a white off the shoulders top. I just do pigtail braids because there wasn't much else I could do with my hair right now. I wash my face and just put on mascara because if I put on any other makeup it would melt off in the bar anyway.

"Alright, lets go before I change my mind" I say patting Patrick's shoulder.

"Coming" he yells jumping off the couch. I go over to Jonny and rub his arm.

"Are you ready babe" I ask and he turns around.

He has this huge smile on his face as he looks me up and down.

"I was" he claims and I blush.

"What happened" I question.

"I saw you and I forgot what I was doing" he says and I start to giggle.

"Stop being gross, I want to get laid tonight and that's not going to happen if we sit here and talk all night" he says.

"Why don't you get a relationship with a nice girl so you can screw whenever you want to" I challenge.

"Well you've been with Jonny for nearly half a year and you guys haven't screwed" he says.

"Maybe it's because you never leave the apartment" I argue. "And if you had a girlfriend then you can be with someone else's problem."

"You... are not wrong" he admits and I roll my eyes.

"This is the last time I let you drag me to a bar to get you some ass. Just because you have no problem screwing someone in the room right next to your roommates doesn't mean everyone else is okay with it" I tell him.

"Okay mom" he mumbles as I push him out to the door.

After about three drinks Patrick had found about four suitors for tonight's puck slut and I was just looking forward to forgetting about life for a while. So I sit by the bar with Jon beside me and we hang out for a while. We dance some but I couldn't move all that well in these skinny jeans, they never do make them comfortable for girls with muscular thighs.

A little brown haired girl comes up and stands next to me and orders a shot. She quickly downs it then makes a really disgusted face as she swallows it.

"It's nasty, isn't it" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Oh it's terrible. But I never know what to order so I just order shots of something and hope for the best" she shrugs.

"That's pure vodka, you gotta be Russian to be able to enjoy those" I admit.

"I'm defiantly not Russian" she giggles.

"I'm Gracie" I say and she nods.

"That's such a cute name" she insists and I laugh. I liked her. "I'm Veronica" she says.

"Who did you come with tonight Veronica" I ask.

"A few girlfriends. We work together at a hair salon and we all had some bitchy clients today so we needed some drinks. Just maybe not that one again" she giggles.

"Yeah, that stuff is strong" I admit.

"Who did you come with" she wonders.

"My boyfriend Jonathan and our roommate Patrick" I explain. "Jon went to the bathroom but he should be back soon" I insist.

As if on cue Jon appears and wraps his long arms around me. He kisses my cheek and I couldn't help but smile.

"Jon, this is Veronica. Veronica this is Jon" I introduce and they exchange a wave.

"Where is Patrick" Jon asks and I looks round.

"Only god knows at this point" I laugh. "But you should meet him" I say turning to Veronica.

"Oh I don't know. I only came because my friends wanted a good time. I don't know about a hook up" she insists.

"I respect that. But I promise that if you came for a good time he will show it to you" I assure her.

"Okay then! Which one is he" she wonders.

"He's a little blonde headed dude. Very confident and probably dancing like a drunk girl at prom" I admit.

Low and behold Patrick dances over to where we sat at the bar. He nearly falls as he reaches us and stabilized himself on the bar.

"Another beer" he yells and I laugh.

"Maybe you should slow down" I insist.

"But the night is so young" he slurs. 

"It's almost 3 am" I tell him.

"Not it's not" he claims.

"It's 2:47" Veronica says and Patrick's eyes grow big when he realizes that wasn't my voice. He turns around to try and find it and his eyes finally fall on Veronica. He smiles big as he shamelessly checks her out. Maybe not his type, he liked the tall blondes and she was tiny and a brunette. Brown eyes and not as sloppy as the girls he usually sees. But she was a cutie and he seemed to think so too.

"Well hello there" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Patrick this is Veronica. She is a respectable human, not a toy" I tell him.

"So we can't play" he asks me and I shake my head.

"Why don't you ask her to dance, nicely" I warn.

"Veronica, may I have this dance" he asks and Jon nearly chokes on his drink behind me.

"Awh baby, are you okay" I ask as I pat his back.

"Yeah. That's just what I said to you when we first met" he says and my eyes go big.

"Oh my god, it is. What does this mean" I ask.

I turn back around and see them talking. She laughs at something he says and they seemed to be hitting it off.

"I don't know" he admits.

"I don't either. But I like this girl and I hope she stays around" I admit.

"You barley even know her" he accuses.

"I barley knew you and I still gave you a chance didn't I" I ask.

"Yeah, that worked out pretty well huh" he asks and I smile.

"Yeah, I think we're pretty great."