Missed You

Jonathan

The team gets back to Chicago really late on a Friday night. Thanksgiving had come and gone and people were still recovering from the long hours of Black Friday shopping from not too long ago. The city was almost silent, so still, like the quiet before the storm.

I drop my stuff off at home and sit at the end of my bed. I fiddle with my fingers in my lap as I let out a long sigh.

"You're gonna go see her, aren't you" Patrick asks as he blows past me.

"I really want to" I admit.

"The only thing that's stoping you is you" he insists.

"Well that and her dad" I tease and he laughs.

"He hasn't stopped you yet" he reminds me and I nod my head.

"That is true" I admit. "But it's like 1 am, I doubt she's even awake" I insist.

"Crazy idea, why don't you call her and find out" he asks.

"I don't want to wake her up if she's sleeping" I say.

"That's a terrible excuse for you choking" he claims and I laugh.

"What if she doesn't want to see me" I ask and he looks at me weird.

"Are you serious? That's why you won't call her? Because you think that after two weeks she wouldn't want to see you. Dude... if she misses you a fraction of the amount that you've been missing her she wouldn't care what time it was or what she was doing, she would want to see you" he insists.

"What if she changed her mind. What if her dad was right" I ask.

"I don't know a lot of things Jonny, and I know even less about being in a real relationship, but I do know that you and Gracie are going to last way longer than any type of bad thoughts you have going through your head" he insists. He tosses me my phone and pats my back before going into his room. I look at my phone and let out a long sigh. He might be the most annoying human being in this earth, but I sure was lucky to have such a great best friend.

I slowly dial her number and see her face show up on my screen. I smile at the picture I took not too long ago, I don't believe she could take a bad picture, but this one was my favorite. I had it in my wallet too, it was just that incredible.

I finally press call and it rings a few times and she eventually picks up. I hear some movement on the other line before it finally falls silent.

"Jonny" she asks and I get chills just hearing her say my name.

"Hey baby, did I wake you up" I ask.

"No. I knew you got back tonight so I wanted to stay up to talk to you" she says and I smile. Looks like I was freaking out for nothing.

"Do you think I could drop by" I ask.

"My dads still up and I really don't feel like arguing, how about I meet you somewhere" she tries.

"Okay, where do you want to meet" I ask.

"How about a bar, I know those are still open" she claims.

"Okay, lets do the pony inn because I know for a fact I can get us in there" I insist.

"Of course you can" she giggles and I smile big. Man did I miss her.

"I'm already changed so I can meet you there in 20" I say.

"Alright, I'll see you soon."

I quickly wash up and throw on a jacket before going out the door. I hop in a cab and tell him to take me to the little bar I was a regular at. I've only been league for half a year but I've been a regular there since I got to Chicago. I pull up to the familiar building and thank the driver before paying him and hopping out. I walk up to the bar and look for Gracie but I don't see her outside. I say hi to the security before walking in. I look around once again and finally find Gracie in skinny jeans and a crop top standing by the side of the bar. I walk over and she catches my glance before smiling big.

Without so much and a "hi" I pull her into a deep kiss and her hands quickly cups my face. Her body slams against mine as we try to make up for two weeks of being apart. My fingers get tangled in her hair as I get accustomed to her being in my hands once again. Like taking that first drink after being sober for so long I was addicted to the way the made me feel.

"Oh my god... I've missed you so fucking much" I say as I hold her face. I look her over and smile big as she smiles up at me.

"I've missed you too" she admits.

"Did you sneak out of the house dressed like this" I ask and she laughs.

"Yeah, figured I should dress for the occasion" she shrugs.

"Well you look so incredibly sexy, I'm surprised you even had clothes like this" I admit.

"I didn't, I made these" she claims and I raise a eyebrow.

"Really" I gasp.

"Yeah. I cut the shirt and ripped the jeans. I'm a changed woman" she smirks and I grab her hips.

"Is that so" I tease as I pull her closer.

"Yeah" she says as she bites her lip. I pull her into another kiss that didn't last as long as the first one but was just as passionate. I get reaccoustomed to her embrace as we stay impossibly close to each other.

"Don't ever leave me again" she begs and I move my hand to her neck so she couldn't leave me.

"That was the longest two weeks of my life" I admit.

"I thought I was going to lose my mind without you" she claims.

"I thought Patrick was going to choke me" I tease and she giggles.

"I'm surprised it would take him this long to do that" she laughs.

"Oh it's happened before. I just don't get why he didn't do it this time" I admit.

"Were you that bad" she asks.

"I'm not saying this happened, but sometimes when I'm really sad I like to blast sad music and sit in the shower for a prolong period of time" I admit.

"I at least trust it's good music" she jokes.

"Only the best."