Someone Like You

Gracie

The first round of the playoffs started here in Chicago against the Nashville predators. It was a lively time here in Chicago. I was on hand for almost all of the bulls championships and the White Sox championship, and I would love to be there for a Blackhawks one too.

And not a part of the people who sit up in the boxes and don't really cheer when anything exciting happens. To be a part of the crowd wearing a jersey and drinking beer while yelling profanities. I want to get in fisticuffs with a Predator fan to defend the ballgames honor and have to be separated. Well... maybe not that far. But I sure as hell wasn't wearing a dress and I was definitely going to give anyone who deserved it a piece of my mind.

"I love it when you wear my jersey" Jon mentions as I finish up getting ready. I continue braiding my hair as he grabs my hips and pulls me back into him.

"And why is that" I ask.

"I'm not really sure. It could be how my name looks great across your back or how it gives me a sense of pride that prettiest girl ever is wearing my jersey" he claims.

"Why do I feel like you've said that to every girlfriend that's ever worn your jersey" I ask.

"I've never had a girlfriend wear my jersey" he claims and I turn around in his arms.

"Seriously" I ask.

"Yeah" he shrugs. "Either they didn't care or I didn't think they would treat the Jersey with the respect it needs" he explains.

"What do you mean treat it with the respect it needs" I wonder.

"I mean they would go out drinking in it or run around town with it on. I might have been a party animal and had my fair share of relationship problems, but I never disrespected the organization I was representing. I might have had a reputation off the ice, but my reputation on it was far more important. And I always made sure that my name and number was represented well. That's why I enjoy you wearing my jersey, because I know there's not a better person that would be wearing my jersey" he claims.

"Damn... I was planning on yelling profanities in this thing" I admit and he giggles.

"If I can yell profanities in mine, you can yell them in yours" he assures me.

"Perfect" I smile. He softly presses his lips to mine and I inhale deeply. His hands move to my lower back as he pulls me close.

"And as great as you look in this jersey, I really want to rip it off" he claims and I smirk.

"You better bring home a win then" I tease and he lets out a deep huff.

"And what if we lose" he asks.

"I'm still going to love you" I assure him as I cup his cheek.

"And you're still going to make love to me" he asks.

"Debatable" I joke and he laughs. He gives me one more quick peck on the lips before letting me finish off getting ready.

We head over to the Madhouse on Madison and he goes down to the locker room while I chill out in the boxes and eat their catered food until the game started and I can go to my seats.

"Oh Gracie" someone sing songs and I see Veronica walk over to me. I pull her into a tight hug and she hugs me back.

"God I've missed you" I admit.

"I missed you too. Not sure how a week long hair salon retreat is good for the office but I've been in soaking it up in Florida so I can't complain. How have you been" she wonders.