You're All I Have Left

Gracie

After a wonderful time traveling and Jon's day with the cup we finally arrive home. Our house was ready for us to live in and the apartment was gone. Patrick and Veronica got a apartment together not too far from our house. Right now our place was kind of empty, but we had everything we needed. Now all we have to do is fill it up with cute pictures and things I can make when I'm watching the DIY shows.

After traveling like we did it was nice to have a place to come back to that we can call a home. But I wanted to make it feel more like home with some candles and picture frames to capture some of our great times on vacation. Plus they will make great reminders that this is the life I was meant to live.

I walk around target and for the first time in a very very long time I was by myself. I haven't left Jonny's side since he left the stage at the rally back in June. And I hate that I missed him so much and we had been apart for just a few minutes. But he wanted to make a table for the living room in the garage and I wanted something to put on it. So I ventured out by myself to look at my options.

I turn the corner before my cart hits someone else's but I stop when I see who it was.

My dad stood there staring me down. His basket was empty because he wasn't here to buy anything. I think he found just what he was looking for.... and I'm not going in that cart. I don't want to do anything with him.

"Gracie" he starts as he steps towards me.

"You're a brave brave man coming around these parts" I admit as I step backwards.

"I haven't been in Chicago at all for a while, but I needed to talk to you" he claims.

"There isn't a thing in this world that you could tell me that would make me feel any different about you" I insist.

"I at least owe you a explanation" he claims.

"You stopped me in the middle of target to tell me that you're a part of the drug cartel? I already knew... I always knew. In fact you're not just a part of it, but someone who helps run it. You came here to tell me that the first 21 years of my life was a lie. Do you want to tell me that you got in too deep and you couldn't get out? You want to tell me that you never meant to hurt me. Is that what it is" I ask.

"That's only part of it" he claims.

"Well keep the rest of it, because I don't want to hear it" I say as I try to walk away.

"Please... Gracie. You're all I have left" he begs.

"You don't have me... you have nothing. You lost me then you lost mom, and it's all because of you and you're terrible decisions. If you weren't so stupid and stuck in your ways, all these things you realize now that it's gone, you could have still had it. You were a amazing father, for the longest time you were my hero. I looked up to you, bragged to my friends because you weren't their daddy but you were mine.

But I looked up to a guy who loved his wife and his daughter more than anything. I looked up to the man who taught me everything I know. Not the one who made sure I never learned the things that were bad about him. Not the one who was so hungry for power and money that he got his wife killed.

I will always love you daddy, and I will always be your little girl. But anything between you and me, it's over. I don't want anything to do with you or our past. I want you out of my life forever" I insist.

"I never meant for it to get this bad" he argues.

"But it did. You got yourself on a position you couldn't get out of. Then you had the audacity to try to pull me into it and set me up with some spineless gullible guy who you wanted to teach to be just like you. And when I refused to date one of your clones you shunned me, you treated me like a child and forbidden me from seeing the one guy I ever really liked. Jonathan is far better than anything I will ever ask for and you knew that. Yet you still tried to hurt him and me because he didn't fit into your sick and twisted puzzle.

You let your selfish ways tear down everything you built up. You didn't listen to me when I said I loved Jonny, all you heard was that I didn't want to cooperate with your stupid little plan. And I fell for your tricks for a while, I let you continue to brainwash me. But that little girl is long gone. And in her place is a strong woman who has no mother because of you, and I have the man of my dreams in spite of you. So I want nothing to do with you" I say.

"I miss you Gracie" he whispers and I roll my eyes.

"I'm sure you do. And part of me misses some part of you too. But I cannot let you be a part of my life. You've caused me so much pain already, I can't do that. That's not fair to me or Jonathan. We're well on our way to becoming everything I ever dreamed of. You couldn't stop us back then and you're not going to stop us now" I explain.

"What can I do to make it up to you" he asks.

"Bring my mother back" I say and he freezes. "My point exactly" I sigh.

I move around him and walk past him. I turn around one more time and see him standing there watching me leave.

"You were a great man William. You were doing so well, it's a shame what happened to you. We could have had it all, we could have been the greatest thing to ever happen. But you're a selfish evil man who can't handle how life hits him back. And I'm not going to be the one to confront you now that you're hurting. I'm hurting too, but the difference between me and you is that I'm going to get better" I say before turning on my heel.

I grab my things and walk away. As soon as I feel like I'm far enough away I let out a harsh sigh. I throw my face in my hands and let out a groan. That was emotionally draining.

I take my things and go home. I silently put everything where it belongs before going to find Jon. I find him in the back of the garage taking a break with the table mostly completed in front of him. He had his shirt off and his shorts hung dangerously low on his waist.

I walk over and stop in front of him. He looks up with a smile but his face quickly drops when his eyes meet mine.

"What happened" he asks immediately.

"I ran into my dad at the store" I whisper.

He quickly gets up and pulls me into a hug. I hug him back as I sniffle into his chest.

"Are you okay" he asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine" I insist.

"Did he hurt you" he questions.

"He did" I admit. "But that was a little while ago. He can no longer hurt me. But he can remind me that he hurt me" I explain.

"I got you" he says as he squeezes me.

"Please don't let me go" I beg.

"I will never let you go."