Chapter six~

I don't wanna wait now
But I know you gon' make me
Who you wanna hate now?
Pretty soon you gonna hate me

After adding some stickers and clutter to the polaroids Gerard decided they were done for today.

"So about your dad... " Frank started breaking the silence as he walked Gerard home.

"I don't wanna talk about him right now." Gerard mumbled, not seeing the importants of talking about his abuser right now.

"Gee, you're on the way to his house I just want to know if you're safe."

Gerard rolled his eyes and sighed.

"I've been fine for my whole life."

That hit Frank like a bullet. Gerard had probably been enduring this for his entire life without anyone batting an eye. They were one of the richest most loved family's in the city. Why would anyone suspect such a respectful and wealthy man to do any wrong?

"I just don't understand what so special about me." He paused. "What do I have that Mikey doesn't?"

Gerard didn't seem to be finished, or even talking to Frank really so he didn't interrupt.

"He dose all this stuff to me. Shelters me, spoils me... Its like I'm-... Im-..."

At this point Gerard had stopped walking and so had Frank. Gerards face had grown red and he was getting flustered. Frank wanted to hold him and tell him that everything would be fine, but he wasn't to sure of that anymore.

"Gee, its ok calm down ok?" Frank soothed. "Here sit."

Frank sat down on the curb of the side walk motioning for Gerard to join him. Gerard hesitated at first but then gave in, sitting in Franks lap. Frank rested his hands under Gerard's sweater on protruding hipbones.

"You know he used to have a parent lock on my laptop." Gerard said sadly.

Frank chuckled, "that's cute."

"No its not!" Gerard protested. "I didn't know where babies came from until I was fifteen!" He said dramatically throwing his hands up.

Frank smiled looking away from Gerard. His innocence was one of his best qualities in Franks opinion.

"He wanted me to be homeschooled too, you know... " Gerard went on. "I refused though."

"Oh." Frank said at a loss of words. "It's getting kind of dark, Gee."

"Yeah I know." Gerard said sighing, but not moving.

Frank didn't want Gerard to go. He also didn't want to spend the night on the ground. Frank pulled the thin boy to his chest, holding him close to his heart.

Frank held Gerard for a few more minutes before he noticed a slight wetness forming on his shirt. What was happening? People don't leak.

Just then Gerard lifted his face from Frank's chest sniffling revealing his red cheeks and irritated eyes.

"When will it stop?" He whispered turning his gaze to the road in front of them.

Frank sighed wishing he could protect Gerard from the rest of the world. That was unrealistic though and Frank couldn't give him a real answer.