Thirty three (final)

One last day, before his life ended.

He had one last day to smile and laugh like everything was fine when it wasn't. Everything was shit.

He wasn't sure how Bert even though this through. After Frank was out if his life he wouldn't be any good for whatever his plan was. He already felt drained of life with the end so close he couldn't imagine how he would be afterwards.

He had gotten Mikey to take him to Frank's house at six A.M. and he went over to Pete's so that his father would think that they went somewhere together. It was perfect. He was cuddled up to Frank's side trying to keep himself awake by listening to his boyfriend's voice but that only seemed to lull him even more.

"Baby, are you even listening? This is important." Frank said wiggling Gerard's shoulder a little bit.

"What? You were talking about dogs, Frank thats not important." He chuckled tiredly.

"Are you trying to tell me that you don't care about the boxer-collie that my aunt had when I was twelve? That dog was fucking rad." Frank said.

"I'm sure it was." Gerard said leaning up to kiss Frank's neck. "I still want a cat."

"Really? I could get you one. It could live with me if your dad wont let you have it." Frank said.

"How do you know your dad will let you keep my kitty?" Gerard asked hopefully.

Frank furrowed his eyebrows not remembering that he hadn't told Gerard yet.

"Oh yeah, well I forgot to tell you something, something big." Frank said.

"How big?" Gerard asked excitedly.

"Fuck, like dinosaur big."

"There are small dinosaurs." Gerard said. "Like the microraptor, they were pretty small."

"Well T-Rex big then." Frank said and Gerard nodded in agreement.

"What is it, daddy?" He asked. His mind was filled with thoughts of toys and skirts as his heart beat picked up.

"Okay so please, baby, don't freak out okay? I'm doing this because I love you and only you." Frank said sternly.

"Okay."

Frank took a deep breath in before grinning at the beautiful boy infront of him. He was positive that this was the best decision.

"My dad is moving to Florida." He said. "I'm staying though, to be with you."

All that Gerard could think in that moment was "shit." He was sure he'd faint in a couple of seconds from the intensity of the situation. His heart literally aching in his chest as he thought of the future. Bert had singlehandedly ruined both of their lives without a care in the world. This was the first time that Gerard truly felt anger towards the man. No, it probably wouldn't last long but he couldn't help it.

Frank noticed his boyfriend going red and got closer to him. "You're alright, Gee, we're going to be fine. I've already got this cute little apartment not too far away and they allow pets so we can get you that kitty you want." Frank said desperately trying to get Gerard to stop making that face. "Gee?" He said, the voice crack made his voice seem even weaker.