Chapter Two

Nick

Gerard never considered himself much of a people person but the atmosphere of the grungy club was near addicting. The bright lights and stench of hard liquor and sweat was noticeable even outside the building and the familiar smell never failed to bring a smile to Gerard's face. While most people showed up to take someone home, Gerard was simply there for the attention. He was considered a regular there. All of the workers and dancers there knew him.

Entering the club, he felt high already. No doubt, there was someone smoking something illegal somewhere in the building but that wasn't what got to him. It was the club as a whole that was addictive.

The first person to Greet him was the regular bouncer. His name? Gerard had no fucking clue but they were a strange kind of friends where names didn't matter. After their scheduled "Hey," and "Hi"s were exchanged Gerard made his way towards the bar.

The fancy bottles of displayed alcoholic caught Gerard's attention first even before Taylor who played mock-offended when Gerard greeted the new bottles instead of him with an exaggerated "Oooh new booze!"

"Well hello to you also, Gerard." Taylor rolled his eyes as her wiped a medium sized cocktail glass and sat it down on the counter.

Gerard put on one of his signature smiles, the ones that made you question his soberness and your sexuality all at once. Many described him as charming, others as a whole but in Gerard book they were both complements from outsiders that couldn't possibly understand him.

"Hello, Taylor, my most favorite bartender of them all." Gerard said with theatrical enthusiasm, tossing his head back as he spoke the sing-song-words.

Taylor tried his best to look unimpressed but his grin forced it's way through anyways. "Whatever, you drunk."
Gerard giggled, "You know you love me though!"

Taylor didn't fight against him only shaking his head fondly, "Doesn't everyone?"

Gerard nodded proudly and sat up straight with his back nearly arched to see behind Taylor. "But you know I have a very special place in your heart. . ." He said absentmindedly looking at the assortment of drinks.

"Uh-huh." Taylor said looking concerned and pouring sparkling water instead of beer for a girl who looked too drunk to stand, though she didn't seem to notice after thanking him. "You gonna order something or just sit there way?" Taylor joked looking back to Gerard.

"I want whatever's in the red and gold bottle." Gerard decided.

"Maybe try please." Taylor said.

"Please shut up and get me drunk." Gerard said grinning like a madman.

•••

The drinks came and went, all down Gerard's throat eventually between the blabbing and random giggles. His brain felt like a fucking cloud, nothing was fully registering and he loved it.

Taylor was busy with another customer leaving Gerard lonely for about two minutes too long. He sighed and rolled his eyes at Taylors short absence and went to stand up. It was obviously a bad idea, the quick movement caused his vision to blur. . .

"Woah there,"

Gerard's eyes were squinted, he didn't recognize the voice and the hand on his back was suddenly terrifying.

"Who-Who're you." Gerard slurred.

"My names, Nick. . . You alright?"

"I'm fucking amazing." Gerard replied. He flicked the guys—Nick's  hand away and went to stand again, this time successfully.