Chapter 15- Him

Lin's Pov

It had been three weeks since we had found Roxie and she was doing great. Lily is pleading to go back to school so she can make friends, but I am not sure. She had to be at court tomorrow and if he is guilty or not. Lily was having dreams that we lost, but we have one of the best lawyers at Vanessa's firm. I think if he goes to juvie I will let her go back to school.
We had also promised her that her trip to Disney and the cruise is coming soon. I had been playing with the girls in the living room when I heard a cry from Seb's room. I peeked in and saw Lily sitting on the bed with him. I had been thinking about letting her go back. I mean if everything goes well. She is smart and I know she just wants to make friends. I know that she wants to go back to chorus to sing again. She has been in the choir since 4th grade and is dying to go back again. She also wanys to go back to band. I never thought I would be parents of a band kid. She plays trumpet and is really good. I know she misses it. I know what I am going to do.

" Mommy and Daddy don't play with me anymore." He cried in her shirt.

" Buddy, it's ok baby. Mommy and Daddy have alot of work to do. We have our sisters and Daddy has his musical." She explained to him.

" I just want to hang out with them more." He said still whining a bit.

" How about I watch Jayda and Emma and you, mommy and daddy can go have a fun day out? How's that?" She asked.

" That sounds awesome. You're the best big sister ever." He finished with a huge hug. I loved these sibling love moments.

" Look, daddy!" Seb squeled looking at me. I tried to run away but he caught me.

" Did you hear the whole conversation?" She asked me confused.

" Yes. And I have been thinking about it and I think you should go back to school. I know you want to go back and play your trumpet, make friends, and sing again. You deaeeve it." She lit up when I told her.

" Really?" She asked.

" Yes." I confirmed. Lily decided that she was going to school the week after his trial.

Lily's Pov

Today was the day. Today we were going to court. Today is the witnesses statements. I had to get up at 7:00 am so I could take a shower and take care of the mess I call my hair. After my shower I did my make up. I wanted simple, but sophisticated. For my clothes I picked a white button up shirt with a black pencil skirt with green gold pumps.

 For my clothes I picked a white button up shirt with a black pencil skirt with green gold pumps

Here is her outfit

We left at 8:00 am so we could be early. I don't want to them, but mainly him. He had done so much to me I felt dirty looking at him. We arrived at 8:32 and met up with our lawyer. He was a good friend of Vanessa so we were in good hands.

" Today is just testimonies then tomrrow we while have the conviction and sentencing. You guys ready?" He explained.

" I don't know." I whispered

" What do you mean?" Dad asked.

" I feel like if I see him he is going to make some excuse of why he did it. I was wearing a sexy outfit that day or I looked at him in a flirty way." I explained my worries.

" You came home in the clothes you wore the day you left: Sweatpants and a Hamilton hoody. You didn't even see him coming so how can he make those excuses." Dad tried to reassure me.

" Yeah but he is a good liar." I resisted.

" But I a know the truth." My lawyer, James, also tried to help. After that they called us to go into the court room.  We sat there for 15 minutes before they came. He walkes into a door with a smug look on his face.

" Court will now come into session," The judge came in, " we will now call the defendant's lawyer to bring his first witness." My lawyer walked up to the judge.

" I call Lily Miranda to the box." My lawyer ushered me to the box.

" Raise your right hand," I did as told, " Do you, Lily Miranda, swear to tell the truth, only the truth, and nothing but the truth?" The judge asked.

" Yes." I simply answered.

" Did you, on Feburary the 28th, get abducted by the Johnston family?" The judge asked. I was so nervous up their.

" Yes." I answered quietly.

" Can you tell us what happened?" She wanted me to tell my story.

" I went to the bakery near my apertment to get some donuts and bagels for breakfast. My mom was currently pregnant with my sisters and my dad was still sleeping after we had a celebration the previous night. I was walking back when I was pushed into a black car. I was knocked out by impact," I took a quick deep breath, " When I woke up I was tied to a chair in a place I had never been before. I started to panick then Jackson opened the door and I asked him where I was. He tild me not to talk or something bad would happen. I resisted and asked him again. He kneed me in the gut and slapped me across the face. I immediately screamed and he gaged me. Then he started to untie my pants because I was wearing sweat pants. I reacted by kicking me in the groin and he doubled over. He got back on me and raped me. This was a continuous cycle for three months until the police located me and arrested them." I finished with a huge breath.

" Thank you you may now sit down." The lawyer called up my dad next. My dad gave his statement and sat down. Finally the only witness his lawyer had was Jackson.

" Mr. Johnston did anything draw you to Miss. Miranda that day?" His lawyer asked him. I knew this would happen.

" Objection your honor: Irrelevance." My lawyer jumped in.

" Noted. Mr. Johnston do not answer that." The judge told Jackson.

" She looked hot. Her pants were tight and so was her shirt." He answered the questiin answered.

" Miss. Miranda may I ask you, what were you wearing that day?" His lawyer asked.

" Sweatpants and a Hamilton hoodie." I answered knowing he couldn't get away with it.

" I think I have heard enough." The judge said. " We will meet again tomorrow for prosecution and sentencing. Goodbye." She said as she left. I hope tomorrow goes well.

A/N

Yayy. I uploaded after the first time in like forever. Anyway I hope y'all like it. Sorry about not posting I have been super busy. I have also made the chapter longer. Whoop whoop me.

How was your day?