30

Gerard.

I got home and Mikey ran down the stairs with tears in his eyes clutching a bloody blade.

"What is this Gerard?!"

Panic. What do I say? Fuck.

"I-it's a.. it's a.. Uh-uhm yo-you uh.."
So much panic.

Next came the dreaded sentence.

"Show me your arms!" Having your little brother scream in sadness at you isn't the best sight. He had tears streaming down his face, his puffy eyes staring me down until I rolled up my long sleeve.

"L-Look Mikes I.."

"NO! Gee you can't do this! You'll end up dying!  Do you want me to be alone? Do you?!"

I walked over and hugged him. As tight as I could.

"Calm down okay? I promise you it won't happen again. I was just having a bad time okay?.. please Mikey. Stop crying. "

He threw the blade in a nearby bin and hugged me back.

"I love you Gee, please stop being like this.."

"I love you too Mikes, I promise."

-

I was walking back to Frank's house, my hands still shaking from fear, no one was in but him, God his parents are never home.

"Frank?" I called out.

"Yeah? Gee?" He called back.

I strolled into his room and walked to him, taking the drawing I did out of his hands, straddling him and hugging him from his lap. I kissed his forehead and he looked at me with a sad frown.

"What happened?" He held me back and stroked down my back.

"Nothing.. it's fine. Just shut up and let me hug you."

"You're such a loser, but that's probably what makes you so great." Ah, Frank's smile the rarest and most beautiful smile.

I loved it. I craved it at all times. It's stunning.  Just like him.