Chapter 3

{Carries point of view}

I grab a nice pack and rush to Abby's side by the couch. Mike sets her down and I hand over the ice pack.

"What hurts kiddo?" Mike asks.

"Well... Uh... Umm... My uh.. My ankle." Abby responds blushing.

"Okay, why don't you let me take a look at it. Okay?" Mike suggests.

"Go... Go ahead..." Abby says.

Mike checks out her ankle and starts to move it around.

"Well since you didn't say ouch to anything, I'm sure you fine. I mean, it looks normal." Mike says letting go of her ankle.

"Well Carrie, I have to get to practice." Mike says grabbing my hand.

Mike pulls me to the front door. Abby quickly pops her head over the couch.

{Abby's point of view}

I look over towards my mom and mike and see them just staring at each other. My mom smiles then so does mike.

I hear my mom giggle and they finally kiss. Gross.

Mike officially leaves and my mom comes over to me at the couch.

"Does your ankle still hurt? She asks me.

"Not anymore. I think I'm okay now mom." I respond.

"Okay, well if you need me, let me know. Alright?" She says.

"Yes momma." I reply.

Few hours later

{mikes point of view}

I finally get done hockey practice and I figure if head over to carries with Chinese food and some movies.

When I get to carries house I hear yelling. So I rush in with everything and I see Abby yelling at Carrie.

"What's going on here?" I asked worried.

"Abby isn't listening to me. I asked her to please start doing her own laundry, and she won't." Carrie said crossing her arms.

"Abbs, I think your old enough to do your own laundry. You should really listen to your mother." I say raising my eyebrows.

{Abby's point of view}

Although I like mike, I feel like my feelings quickly just faded away. He just got loud with me and raised his eyebrows.

How could I ever like him.... He's such a jerk.

"I'll do what I want. Your not my father!" I scream.

"I know he's not, but he's trying to prove a point Abby." Carries says.

"And your not my mother. So back off! Alright?!" I scream while I run upstairs.

{Carries point of view}

"She's normally not like this. I'm sorry." I say to mike.

"It's alright. If it helps you feel any better, I brought Chinese food and movies?" Mike says smiling at me.

"Let's dig in!" I say.

Mike and I put in a movie and snuggle on the couch eating Chinese food.

I start to think about Abby, but I have to learn how to back off a bit. Just like she said.