Chapter 32

"Abby?" Mike questioned.

Abby ran up to Mike and gave him a big hug. I couldn't let this happen. I couldn't let him hurt us again. I wouldn't let it. I won't.

"Abby, we have to keep moving. Where's Brantley?" I asked.

"No mom, I want to talk to dad. Brant is with Hannah." She responded.

"Carrie, if Abigail wants to talk to me, she can. I'm her father." He stated.

"But your not. You aren't he father. You were her father figure. I'm her mother. I have full custody of her. If you never came into my life, you wouldn't have ever met her. So don't go there Mike, don't." I said pushing the cart, walking away.

"Mom! Why would you say that?!" Abby said running and crying.

Great, I said the truth and now I made my daughter cry...

"Mike I got the bread." A lady said.

I turned around to see some URL place a kids on Mikes cheek and throw bread into the cart.

This girl looked like she was 20. Too young for Mike.

"Looks like you have met someone. I hope she treats you nicely." I tell him.

"Carrie it's not..." Mike begins to say, then he stops.

"We're you going to tell her we aren't anything serious?" The girl asked.

"Carrie, this is my girlfriend Megan. Megan, my ex, Carrie." Mike says.

"The divorce isn't even final and your already dating?" I say.

"Yeah. I'm sorry, didn't know I needed permission." He responds.

"I've got to go." I shoot back.

Knowing Mike was already seeing people, killed me inside. It broke my heart that he would do this to me.

I finished shopping and we all got into the car.

"Your dad's seeing someone..." I said biting my lip, to Abby.

"Oh, now he's my dad?" Abby questioned.

"Please... Cut me some slack abbs. I'm not the only one going through a lot." I mention.

"So whose he seeing?" She asked.

"I didn't catch her name. Maybe you should go over this weekend?" I suggested.

"I don't want to go alone mom." She told me.

"Well, Brantley would go with." I said.

"I guess that's fine. But if I don't like it there, will you pick me up?" Abby asked.

"Of course honey. Here, give him a call." I said handing her my phone.

Abby called Mike and set up a time to go over.

"He wants to know if you'll meet him tomorrow around 12?" Abby asked me.

"Sure. Tell him to meet us at Olive Garden, we'll do lunch." I said.

Abby told Mike and he said that it sounded like a good idea.

We pulled into Hannah's driveway, and we went home.