Chapter 55

As I pull up to the police station, I think about what Abby's going to try to do to me. She's gonna convince me that she didn't mean to.

I get out of the car and walk into the police station. I walk up to the front desk to see a man sitting at the desk.

"Excuse me, sir?" I tried getting his attention.

"Yes?" He asked.

"I'm here for Abigail Underwood." I say.

"Okay, could I have you please sign your name here, here, and here? After that I'll bring you to her and your both free to go." He hands me papers, pointing out where to sign my name.

"Thank you officer." I say, finishing my last signature.

I hand him the papers and he takes them and puts them on his desk.

"Okay Miss, follow me, please." He tells me.

I follow the officer back into these jail cells for temporary people. I saw all types of people in them.

One guy looked like he was thinking some things I didn't want to hear. "Hey baby!" He yelled at me.

Another person looked like she was looking for a ride. Clearly, her ride was to a police station....

Next to the guys jail cell, was where Abby was. I have her an unforgiving look. The officer opened up the bars and she followed me out, all the way into the car.

Before I even started the car, I turned to look at me child. We needed to talk.

"What happened?" I questioned her.

"There was a party at one of the dorms... I went because I was invited. I knew what was going to be there. I have no excuses, mama." Abigail admits.

"Well, thanks for telling the truth. But I'm still upset." I shoot back.

"I know..." She says.

"You want your sisters to see this? Fo you want Brantley and Hadith to want to still grow up and be like their older sister?! They look up to you, gosh dammit!" I lash out.

"Mama, I'm sorry. I know they do..." She apologized.

"The freaking prove it!" I yelled.

After that, she didn't speak. Aw was in pain inside. I normally don't yell. When I did, I felt really bad. Now, I feel like the worst mother ever.

Although she made a mistake, she was sorry. I knew she wouldn't underage drink again. She didn't have to tell me that. I trusted her....

As we pull up at home, she speaks before I go to get out of the car.

"Is Mike gonna yell?" Abby questioned worried.

"I'm not sure if he'll tell in front of the girls. But eventually, I assume." I placed my hand on her leg.

I felt sorrow for her. But she was wrong. She didn't have to drink at the party.