Chapter 10

{2 months later}

{Mike's point of view}

I wake up to a noise. I get up out of bed and head to Abby's room to check on her.

I walk I'm Abby's room and feel a cold chill. Just then, I realize her window is opened and she's not in her room. She's gone.

I head downstairs and check for her. She's nowhere to be found in the house.

Great, now I gotta wake up Carrie and tell her.

I walk upstairs and I go into the bedroom. I walk over to Carrie.

"Carrie... Care... Wake up..." I say shaking her.

"What?" Carrie responds blinking multiple times.

"Abby's gone. I think she jumped out her window. I don't know." I say.

"Seriously? Did you look around the house for her? Call her phone. Mike what do we do? Oh my gosh..." Carrie says getting up.

"Babe, calm down. I'll call her now. I didn't see her in the house, no." I respond placing my hand under her chin.

"Okay... Okay.... I'm going to go look around the house and check outside." Carrie says rushing out the door.

I call Abby's phone, no answer. After a few rings she sent me to voicemail. She obviously seen me calling.

"Mike! I can't find her..." Carrie says to me crying.

"It's okay. I'm sure she'll be back. Come here." I tell Carrie as we hug.

Carrie cries into my shoulder for a good ten minutes, until we hear a voice.

"Mom?" Abby says worried.

Carrie turns around and looks straight at Abby crying.

"What.... Where did.. Abby?" She asked Abby.

"Yes?" Abby replies.

"Where in the world did you go?! Mike and I were worried sick." Carrie yells wiping her tears away.

"I umm.. Well actually I met up with a friend. I didn't wanna wake anyone." Abby says.

"You could have asked! You didn't have to sneak out! Who did you go see Abigail?" Carrie started to yell.

"A friend." Abby said.

"Who?!" Carrie yelled louder.

"His names Dylan." Abby replies.

"Your grounded. Go to your room and I want your phone." Carrie said.

"But..." Abby said as Carrie cut her off.

"Abigail!!!!! Right! now!" Carrie yelled taking her phone from her hand.

Abby ran out of the bedroom and into her room. She slammed the door.

Carrie tossed Abby's phone onto the bed and just stared at me. She came to me and cried into my chest.

"I'm sorry." I say to her.