Chapter 35

{Carrie's POV}

{A Week Later}

I pace back and forth, over and over, again. I continuously look at it, and look at it, and look at it, again.

Impatiently waiting for the results. I start to shake, because I'm worried. Because if I am, I'm going to stress.

I look back as I continue to pace. The results. The three minutes that I had waited, for what seems like forever, are up.

"Mama?" I hear Abby say as she walks in the bedroom.

As I'm in the bathroom, I hide it. I throw it in the closet door, and shut it.

"What's up?" I respond as she walks into the bathroom.

"What's that?" She asked.

"What's what?" I tried playing it off.

"Mom?" She says opening the closet door.

Abby picks it up. She looks at it and I see her deep green eyes stare into what could possibly be the worst thing that can happen to us right now.

"Mama, your pregnant?" She asked.

"Yeah..." I responded, tears dripping slowly down my cheeks, stopping at my chin and waiting to fall.

"Whose the father?" She questioned me.

"Mike...." I said.

"But you guys aren't together." Abby told me.

"Yeah, I know. I've been feeling sick for a couple of months. So I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was just curious. I didn't think if be pregnant. I'm so sorry Abby. I didn't mean for this to happen." I say pulling her in for a hug and crying on her shoulder.

"It's okay. Mommy, this wasn't your fault. Like you said, you didn't mean for this to happen. But... Are you going to tell dad?" Abigail questioned some more.

"Well... I don't wanna. But I have to abbs. It's his kid. It wouldn't be fair if I kept it from him. Ya know?" I stated.

"Yeah, understandable. But when?" She asked me.

"When the time is right." I said going into the bedroom and sitting down.

"Mommy?" She called me.

"Yes?" I asked her.

"I love you. I love you to the moon and back mom." She smiles.

"Aww, Abby. I love you too. You have no idea how much I love you kiddo. I would give ya the world if I could. But it's not possible." I laugh, while sobbing.

"It's okay mommy, I ready have my world, it's you." She says.

I hug Abby tighter than ever. I cry so hard I cannot breathe. She is the best thing that had ever happened to me. I wouldn't want anything else in this entire universe!!!