Chapter 43

{5 years later}

Mike {35}

Carrie {32}

Abby {16}

Brantley {7}

Hadith{5}

{Abby's POV}

"Hello, anyone home?" I yell as I walk through the front door to my parents house.

"In the kitchen, honey!" Mom responds.

I walk into the kitchen to see my mom cleaning as Hadith and Brantley are playing with their dolls next to her.

"Girls, please take that into the living room." My mom tells them.

They both get up and run straight into the living room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Not too much, I dropped a glass in here not too long ago. So I'm just making sure I've picked the rest if everything up." Mama smiles.

"Oh okay. Where's dad?" I questioned.

"Uh... I think he's outback. Not sure." she shrugged her shoulders.

"Wow, must be busy around here." I say jokingly.

"The usual." She laughs, setting down the broom.

"Do you think dad could come by my house tomorrow? I need his help moving furniture." I tell my mom.

"I'm sure he'll find time to stop by. I'll let him know whenever he decides to show up." she responds.

"Thanks." I say.

Mama sighs as she puts shuts the closet door that she placed the broom in.

"You okay?" I wondered.

"Oh, yeah... Just a bit stressed out. I'm fine though." she tells me.

"You sure?" I worry.

"Yes, I'm fine, darling." She smiles at me.

For some reason, I feel like something must be wrong that my mom is upset and stressed out.

"Well I was just stopping by. I've gotta go home and cook for me and Chase." I smile back.

"Okay, tell him I said hello." Mama replies, unloading the dishwasher.

"Mom!!!" Brantley yells.

"Yes?" Mama wonders, walking into the living room.

"Hadith bit me!" Brantley says.

"Why?" Mama asked.

"Because she's mad that I want this Barbie." Brantley responded.

"Please just share." Mom told them.

As mama walked out, Hadith and Brantley started screaming and fighting with each other.

"Girls, please...." My mom tried getting them to stop.

Neither of them listen to her. Just then, I saw tears falling from Carrie's eyes. She falls to the ground and burrows her face into her knees.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I questioned her.

"I... I need my inhaler." She told me, pointing to her chest.

Mama hasn't had something happen to her like this since I've been with her. I ran to her purse and searches for her inhaler. Finally, I found it and I pulled it out.

I rushed over to her and gave it to her. She used her inhaler and began to cry even more.

"What's wrong with mommy?" Brantley asked.

"Mommy!!!!" Hadith yelled.

"Come on, girls. Let's go upstairs." I told them.

Leaving my mom downstairs, so she could calm down, I gave the girls coloring books and crayons.

"Now, sissy is going to go downstairs with mommy for a bit. Please, keep the colors in the book." I tell them.

"Okay." Hadith responds.

The girls began to color while I go downstairs.

"Mom, why are you freaking out?" I asked.

"I just want Mike... I can't do this alone." She spoke.