Chapter 6

{Abby's point of view}

Before I know it, we pull into our driveway at home. I realize that I've really pissed my mom off this time.

We both get out of the car and she slams her door. It's been a silent car ride home the whole time. She never even turned the music on on the way home.

We walk into the house. My mom goes upstairs and gets changed and then she comes downstairs. She grabs her keys and heads to the door.

"Where ya going?" I ask her.

"Mikes." She says as she opens the door and slams it on her way out.

I can hear her tires go as she takes off down the road. I didn't realize I got her that mad. But unfortunately, she does like to over react about everything lately. Which is annoying.

I go upstairs and set my bags on the floor. I grab ace and put him in my bed. I lay down and I started to think for awhile. Just then, I fall asleep.

Few hours later.

I wake up to a loud noise. I go downstairs to see my mom all bloody and mike helping her through the door.

"What happened?!" I scream.

Mike picks up my mom and takes her up the stairs to her bed. Then he sets her down.

"She got into an accident." Mike says to me.

I can tell that my mom can't even focus right. I feel so bad because this all happened because of me!

"I'm so sorry mama!!!" I say beginning to cry my eyes out.

"It's okay.... I promise." She says to me closing her eyes.

"Why aren't you taking her to the doctors?!" I say screaming at mike.

"She won't let me. She said that she needed to tell me something first. But I think I'm going to take her anyways." Mike says.

"If she told you not to, then don't. She may have a good reason." I suggest.

"She might, but I just want to make sure she's okay. She means the world to me. I lover her to the moon and back Abby. You don't even know." Mike says laying his head on my mom.

"I do know. I believe you mike. Take her. I don't care what she says, let's just go to the hospital. I don't want her to die. She's the only person to adopt me and keep me. Everyone else whose adopted me took me back. Carrie promised she wouldn't. Plus, she's the only one I've ever called mom. Please, let's just take her." I bed, crying.

Mike picks up my mom and takes her to the truck. I hop in and we head to the hospital. I just pray she's going to be alright.