Chapter 23

I wake up in a comfortable bed with blankets and pillows. Wearing fresh clothes and being showered, feels pretty damn good. I can't remember the last time I was in a good place. After what happened to me, I'm scared to death to sleep alone.

If mike isn't home, I cry and shake. I barley even pay attention to my kids because I feel like I'm in my own world. I don't feel safe anymore.

"Mama?" I hear.

I look towards the door to see Abby walking my way.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I look at her and back up. The last person I saw with Hazel eyes wasn't myself. It was that horrible man.

"Are you afraid?" Abby asked me.

Still, I didn't respond. I looked at Abby like she wasn't even my kid. In fact, I looked at everyone anymore like they meant nothing to me, and I don't know why.

"Mom? Are you okay?" Abigail questioned.

I didn't answer her still. So instead I backed up a little more in the bed, against the post. I thought if that man, how he walked towards me. How scared I was each time.

Abby walked over to me and grabbed my arm. She wanted to look at my wrists, which were all cut up from the handcuffs. I had a flashback of that man grabbing me like that. I started to scream really loudly.

"Carrie?!" I heard mike scream.

Mike ran up the stairs and into the bedroom.

"Care, calm down. It's just Abby." He said kneeling next to me pulling the blankets off me.

I shook my arm free from Abby and grabbed onto mike really tightly. I began to cry my eyes out into his shoulder.

Abby looked at me with disbelief.

"It's okay Carrie... It's okay." He said pushing the hair out of my face.

I held onto him even tighter and he held me strong in his arms.

{Abby's POV}

When my mom lifted her head up off of mike to peek at me, she gave me a look like she was scared of me. I didn't know what to do or think. Maybe she doesn't even remember me?

I look at Mike as he let's go of my mom.

"I'll be back care." He promised her.

He placed his hand on my shoulder and we both walked into the hallway as he shut the door.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I walked into the bedroom to see if he was awake, and she was so I started talking to her and she didn't respond. Then I seen her wrists and I got worried. I didn't know what happened. But she started to freak out. Then you came in." I stated.

"Okay. She's just scared Abby. The only person she trusts is me right now. She's still in shock. You gotta be careful around her. Do you understand what I'm trying to say Abigail?" Dad asked.

"Yes daddy." I said understood.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked me.

"Yeah. I'm just upset that she's not the mom she was to me before this happened. I feel like she doesn't care for me. I know she does, but it doesn't seem like it right now that's all." I responded upset.

"I know Abby, I know. But just be patient with her. I'm gonna sign her up for therapy. It should help. Just keep your head up kid." Dad said reassuring me everything was going to be fine.

Before he walks away he messes up my hair.

"Go find something to do." He says smiling at me. Then he walks into the bedroom with mom.