Chapter 41

"Abby, can we please talk?" I asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah." She responds.

I walk into her bedroom and sit at the edge of her bed, facing her, as she's facing the other way, looking at the wall.

"Why have you been acting up so much lately Abby?" I questioned.

I got no response from Abigail, so I decided to keep talking till she spoke.

"Abigail Renee, answer me right this second!" I said raising my voice.

"Because...!" She shouted.

"Abby, talk to me. Why?" I asked again.

"It's nothing. I don't want to talk about it. Now will you get out?!" She screamed.

A tear formed in my eye as I heard the door.

"What's all the shouting for?" Mike said sternly.

"She keeps bugging me. I just want to be alone." Abby said, with an attitude.

"Excuse me young lady, but you know the rules in this house!!!!" Mike yelled.

"Mike, please...." I said getting cut off by him.

"No! I've heard enough Carrie! I'm tired of her treating us like this! She ignores us and she acts out!!! This will end real quickly..." Mike shouted loudly.

Mike grabbed my arm and moved quickly with me towards the door.

"What the heck! What are you doing?" I asked, worried.

"Stay the hell out!" Mike yelled at me.

Mike threw me out the room and slammed the door. I heard a lock and then I heard him screaming at Abby.

I looked down at my arm that was red and swollen. Mikes grip was so tight that my wrist was bruising up.

I walk into my bedroom and I shut the door. I begin to cry because of what's going on in the room next to me...

"It's all my fault, I can't stop this. This is happening all because of me!" I say to myself.