Chapter 30

I give Brad a call after I'm done giving Brantley her bath.

{Phone Call}

Brad: Hello?

Carrie: Hey Brad! Whatcha up to?

Brad: Sitting around. You?

Carrie: Just gave Brantley a bath.

Brad: How you holding up?

Carrie: I'm alright. I'm doing much better.

Brad: What about Abby?

Carrie: She's okay.

Brad: Good to hear.

Carrie: Could you come over?

Brad: Sure!

Carrie: We could take Brantley to Melissa's house. I just need to get out of the house and enjoy myself.

Brad: Well we'll find something to do. I'll be there in 15 minutes.

Carrie: Alrighty! I'm gonna drop Brantley off at Mel's. I'll meet you back at my house.

Brad: Okay, see ya!

I hang up the phone with Brad and take Brantley over to Melissa's house. After that, I go back home to see brad sitting on my porch.

"You have a key, why didn't you go inside?" I asked laughing.

"It's nice out!" He responded.

"Yeah, yeah." I say.

"Let's get going. I've got an idea of what we can go do." Brad told me.

We both get into his truck and he drives to the movies. We go and see a movie and head to Melissa's to pick up Brantley. After that, we head to my house.

"I'd love to do this again Brad." I said.

"I'm free whenever you need to hangout." Brad mentioned.

"I really needed this. Getting out if the house feels good." I told him, smiling.

I go inside the house to see Abby and her friend Hannah on the couch.

"Hey girls, what's up?" I asked walking through the door.

"Nothing, doing homework and watching tv. I tried calling you asking if Hannah could come over, but you didn't answer. So I hope it's okay that she's here mom." Abby tells me.

"I'm sorry, I hung out with Brad. That's fine. I have to go to the grocery store, you girls want to come help me with Brantley, you could pick some things out if ya want also?" I asked them.

"Yeah sure, you wanna go Hannah?" Abby told me, and asked her friend.

"Yeah!" Hannah answered.

"Okay, let's go girls." I smiled.