Chapter 48

{Carries POV}

Before I know it, I'm almost asleep. I pull the blankets up more because I become cold.

Mike then grips the blanket and pulls hard, leaving my feet only covered with the quilt.

I pull the blanket back over my body and I let out a sigh. Mike pulls the blankets again. Now, the blankets are all on him.

"Your such a jerk!" I yelled, picking up my pillow and storming out of the room.

I check on my kids on the way downstairs. Seems as if the babysitter fell asleep herself.

"I'll pay her in the morning." I tell myself.

I walk down the stairs and place my pillow on the couch. I lay down and after a half hour of shivering from being cold, I fall asleep.

{Mikes POV}

I wake up realizing Carrie never came back to bed. I get up and go downstairs to see her curled up on the couch, in a ball.

I go into the closet and get out a blanket. I unfold it and lay it on Carrie. I feel bad that we got into a fight, but maybe tomorrow we'll see things from each other's point of view.

I turn to go back up the steps to see Brantley.

"Why's mommy asleep on the couch. It's bed time. She should be in bed, daddy." She recalls.

"Mommy was uh.. cold." I told her, walking her back to her bedroom.

"You guys were fighting. I heard you both." Brantley tells me softly.

"We weren't fighting. We just... we disagreed, kiddo. Why are you awake anyways?" I change the conversation.

"I saw the hallway light on." She says.

"Well I'll shut it off. Go back to bed." I whisper to Brantley.

"Daddy?" Brantley called for me as I tucked her in.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Mommy is behind you." She giggles.

"What?" I get scared, turning around.

"She doesn't look happy." Brantley jokes.

"Care, I'm sorry?" I say, not knowing why to say to her.

"Don't be sorry. Meet me in the bedroom when your done here." She tells me, walking out.

"Are you in trouble?" Brantley questioned.

"Depends." I wink at her and kiss her forehead.

I turn off the light in her room and shut her door. I walk down the hallway into mine and Carrie's bedroom.

"I'm sorry we got into that argument tonight." I tell Carrie, hugging her.

"So am I." She whispers.

"I don't want to stress you out with the baby." I tell her.

"And I don't want to be stressed." My sweet wife giggles.

"Good." I smile.

I pulled out of the hug and look at Carrie.

"I love you." I say.

Carrie responds with passionate kiss. "I love you too, babe."